Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do people realize Hopkins went from age 28-40 undefeated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do people realize Hopkins went from age 28-40 undefeated?

He got his big win against TITO WHEN HE WAS 36!!!! AND DID NOT LOSE TILL HE WAS 40 AGAINST TAYLOR!!!! Yet GGG fans alreay want to use his age as an excuse yet are trying to slam Hopkins??? THEN AFTER 40 HE EVEN MOVED UP!!!!!!!!!!!! AND WON MORE TITLES!!!

I loved Hopkins' last fight. Him getting his ass kicked literally out of the ring and then making excuses was hilarious.

Comment

At that time Bernard already had 2 losses on his record, vs Roy Jones (no shame) and Clinton Mitchell (a nobody) and had a draw vs a total bum, Segundo Mercado.

Tell me, Larry, which really good Middleweights (Tito was his best win, but he just moved up from 154) did Bernard beat?

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
        At that time Bernard already had 2 losses on his record, vs Roy Jones (no shame) and Clinton Mitchell (a nobody) and had a draw vs a total bum, Segundo Mercado.

Tell me, Larry, which really good Middleweights (Tito was his best win, but he just moved up from 154) did Bernard beat?
        What really good middleweight has GGG beaten? and Tito was an actual world champ unlike "JACOBS" or vacant title winner Lemuex..so who are these great wins GGG has?

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
          What really good middleweight has GGG beaten? and Tito was an actual world champ unlike "JACOBS" or vacant title winner Lemuex..so who are these great wins GGG has?
          C'mon Larry... right before the GGG you made an appreciation thread for Jacobs being a champ and him being on KO streak. Now Jacobs isn't a world champ? Why the change of heart?

Comment

Originally posted by LockardTheGOAT View Post
            I loved Hopkins' last fight. Him getting his ass kicked literally out of the ring and then making excuses was hilarious.
            That was ****ing hilarious

Comment

Originally posted by LockardTheGOAT View Post
              That's exactly how it happened too. LMAO!!

He did go out with a fizzle but when he was on top he was hard to beat. One of the best, ring strategy-wise.

Comment

I sure do. I thought he also beat Taylor in both fights when he was 40 and Taylor was 27. Hopkins was quite an amazing fighter.

Comment

Why are you always making this Hopkins vs GGG with GGG coming up short? They are both great middleweights so why not enjoy them both? They can't possibly fight each other and they have no common opponents. No real life opponent has defeated GGG so why bring in greats from the past to be so much better than him? Hopkins was a freak as far as fighting well at an old age goes. For most boxers 36 is OLD. Sugar Ray Leonard was completely shot to hell at 34 years old. Norris slaughtered him. Ward retired at 33. GGG will be fighting Canelo soon. Maybe Canelo will win and you can have a party.

Comment

Nobody should slam Hopkins. He has done it all in the ring and set records that may never be broken. I am a big GGG fan but I don't think people should say he was better than Hopkins. Hopkins's accomplishments in the ring are among the greatest in boxing history and GGG has not surpassed him.

Comment

Working...
                    X