Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which of these Heavyweight Champs got the LEAST gift decisions in their careers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Superflo777 View Post
    Lewis vs. Holyfield II is a "gift" candidate.
    Lewis vs Ray Mercer is also mentioned as a "gift" decision sometimes although I disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by Halls of Fame View Post
      Lewis vs Ray Mercer is also mentioned as a "gift" decision sometimes although I disagree.
      But you agree with Vitali-Chisora being a candidate? Or for what else he might be added to the poll?

Comment

It was a close fight, but I wouldn't call it a gift either.

Comment

Originally posted by Superflo777 View Post
          But you agree with Vitali-Chisora being a candidate? Or for what else he might be added to the poll?
          no, I never said Klitschko-Chisora was a gift decision. I just mentioned this fight cause I wanted to point out that this is the only fight of Vitali which went the distance and was close on the scorecards. but no way did Chisora win, but it was close in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Invincible View Post
            Ok, even so that doesn't change the fact that the Klitschko's get bashed for beating up on older guys like Mormeck who were world champions and won several title fights when Ali, Holmes and Louis get praised for beating 'never was' Wepners with a dozen losses or guys with ten fights total, etc.
            Ever notice how when the subject is something derogatory about Heavyweight champions Mr. Invincible always singles out the black champions for censure but says nothing about any of the white champions? And when the subject is something positive about Heavyweight champions Mr. Invincible always holds out the white champions as paragons of virtue but is silent about the black champions? I wonder why that is.....

PS. For a pristine example of this check out the thread on who the "smartest" Heavyweight champion was.....it's classic.

Poet

Comment

Have you heard of the bum of the month club? How about the Chuck Wepners, Scott LeDoux or Scott Weavers of the world? Lol.

Please stop with your "bum of the month club" nonsense, you know nothing about it. You didn't know the phrase was coined by a journalist because Louis was destroying them so easily. You didn't know the "bum of the month club" consisted of 6 fighters fought in 6 months, 3 of them ranked in the top 10. Out of Vitaly's last 6 fights (in a 3 year period) he has fought only two fighters who were currently ranked in the top 10 by "The Ring" if Im not mistaken. His last 3 opponents had a COMBINED 40 fights at heavyweight. Come on now, who is really fighting the bums?
              Last edited by JAB5239; 04-12-2012, 04:08 PM.

Comment

I don't think Holmes got gift decisions in either the Witherspoon or Williams fights. They were close fights and rematches probably should have happened if possible, but he won both those fights.

Comment

lol...................

Comment

We all know gift decisions happen in boxing, also in Heavyweight Boxing.
                    I made a list of the big Heavyweight Champs of the past and the gift decisions they got in my opinion:
                    Jack Dempsey and Jack Johnson don't belong on this list cause they didn't fight black top fighters when they held the title. That's like accepting that the Klitschkos don't have to fight black fighters.

So we start with Joe Louis:
                    - got a gift decision against Arturo Godoy
                    - got a gift decision against Jersey Joe Walcott in their first fight

Now we have Rocky Marciano:
                    - got a gift decision against Roland La Starza in their first fight

Now we will go to Muhammad Ali:
                    - got 1 or 2 gift decisions against Ken Norton, depending on how you score the fights.
                    - got a gift decision against Jimmy Young
                    - quite some pple also say he got a gift decision against Doug Jones

Now we have Larry Holmes:
                    - got a gift decision against Tim Witherspoon
                    - got a gift decision against Carl "The Truth" Williams

Now we have Vitali Klitschko:
                    no gift decisions. The closest fight I had him in (which went the distance) was the Chisora fight, but I had Vitali Klitschko winning by 2 points. (the judges' scorecards were way to wide)

Now we have Wladimir Klitschko:
                    No gift decisions.

I did this list basically off the top of my head so if anybody has to add some gift decisions of the listed fighters, let me know, I will add them.
                    is this thread too deep for this forum? Too many kids here who dont know nothing about pre-Tyson boxing history? If thats the truth.....

Did you really just start a thread to ask a question, then answer your own question, THEN complain about how nobody is responding?

Do you really need to stroke the c0ck THAT hard?

Comment

Have you heard of the bum of the month club? How about the Chuck Wepners, Scott LeDoux or Scott Weavers of the world? Lol.
                      I agree with this. The HW division has always sucked. some of the HW's now are terrible though. They don't even want to win.

That Solis dude was fat but he had some skill, then he just goes and get's bumped on the head and quits.

Comment

Working...
                      X