No announcement yet.

Fury Sucking Up to Americans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tyrone WBCfan View Post
    Americans are stupidly patriotic and will eat that **** up to come and pay for his next fight
    You wish you were an american.

Comment

He doesn't suck at boxing so how can he be British? Welcome to the fold, cuz.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post

He is one of us mate
        Reps if it lets me.

I literally couldn't care less what country a guy reps but the whole thing in interesting to me. It's disgustingly cheap pandering, almost groveling for $$ but I won't hold it against him as pro boxing is part of the entrainment industry and these guys gotta eat too. The fact that the guy has been the symbol of a certain culture and then does this is mad funny. Respect to him for being a crazy fuk.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Deez View Post
          He doesn't suck at boxing so how can he be British? Welcome to the fold, cuz.
          Fury wants to be a slick boxer and he knows the 1st step to being slick is being American.
          If he continues his journey to the 2nd step, expect to see him coming to the ring in blackface.

Comment

He is one of us mate
            If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!

Fury is building his fanbase in the States, preparing for a career in Hollywood after Wilder finishes him.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              Fury wants to be a slick boxer and he knows the 1st step to being slick is being American.
              If he continues his journey to the 2nd step, expect to see him coming to the ring in blackface.
              I'm sure he would!
              Maybe Floyd could give him some tips.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                Shame they didn't turn out for him 9k attendance is terrible.
                This is just the beginning Robbie don’t worry.

Comment

I think it was mostly meant to be tongue-in-cheek and a little sarcastic, but even with that he's playing to the crowd and getting them on his side. It's all part of his persona. Out of all the heavies and maybe even out of all currently active boxers he probably has the showmanship aspect of the sport figured out the best, it's a huge part of how he's gotten popular.

Comment

Originally posted by smeck View Post
                    He did everything but try to bend over the Statue of Liberty and bang her.

What was with the ridiculous "Apollo Creed" Red White and Blue outfit? The constant shout-outs to America after it was over?

Face it, NO American fighter would come into a British ring dressed as a Beefeater. NO Puerto Rican fighter would enter a ring in Mexico wearing a Sombrero.

The Gypsy King has nothing to say about bringing his next fight back to the UK? He's that much of a sell-out to the American dollar?

That he postured and mugged against a guy with almost no experience and a shorter reach was also ridiculous.

I give him credit for singing fairly well. He also seems to have more confidence than when Steve Cunningham dropped him. He even has people thinking that no current Top 10 heavy can beat him.

But he sure was being a Yankee Doodle Dandy wasn't he?
                    Nobody would dress as a beefeater because nobody gives a chit about the drunk british casuals. Guys often appeal to the Mexican fanbase though. Just off the top of my head, Mayweather/ODLH and GGG

Comment

He has an American citizenship now according to multiple sources
                      Before his comeback (but after he cleaned up) he was saying that he was moving to California full time because he's never felt welcome in England, being a Gypsy and all.

Not sure if he actually did move to the USA full time or not though.

Comment

Working...
                      X