No announcement yet.

Larry Merchant Ruined GGG vs Mayweather circa 2012

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Larry Merchant Ruined GGG vs Mayweather circa 2012

If Merchant’s hating ass wasn’t so obvious, perhaps HBO could’ve had Floyd for another couple years. Knowing Abel’s character and GGG years in the future saying 154 was easy, Floyd and HBO would’ve obliged. I say 1.5 million PPV.

No. Floyd would have never fought GGG. In fact he rushed his retirement just to avoid the kazakh. people were already demanding that fight and he couldnt take the pressure

GGG scared Floyd into retirement

Comment

lol @ floyd ever wanting to fight ggg in any alternate universe

Comment

97G wasn't even on Floyd's radar. TBE does not move up to fight some Euro hypejob

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd is TBE View Post
          97G wasn't even on Floyd's radar. TBE does not move up to fight some Euro hypejob
          Who said anything about Floyd moving up?

Comment

Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
            Who said anything about Floyd moving up?
            Was GGG coming down to 147?

Comment

Last I saw Floyd campaigned at 154. Doesn't matter if we felt he was undersized. I guess we can consider him a champion in 4 weight classes instead of 5 then.

Comment

Originally posted by lopetego View Post
                No. Floyd would have never fought GGG. In fact he rushed his retirement just to avoid the kazakh. people were already demanding that fight and he couldnt take the pressure

GGG scared Floyd into retirement
                Demanding? I don’t ever recall Mayweather vs GGG as any narrative in 2012 as a potential future matchup, assuming industry knew of GGG’s incoming with his pedigree. Surely you’re not referring to post years later of Showtime vs HBO? GGG is not Pac.
                Last edited by Thuglife Nelo; 03-02-2019, 12:13 PM.

Comment

OHD, Cotto, Canelo were above 147. McGregor, as ******ed as he looked in the ring, looked to be around 180lbs in the ring. No version of McGrgeor draining to make any weight beats Floyd

Comment

Floyd was the better fighter but provided ggg could make 154 without being a zombie i think he'd have won quite comfortably. Thats not a knock on floyd but theres a big difference in size and stylistically ggg is all wrong for floyd when u consider someone like maidana gave him hell. I dont see his counters at 154 being enough to stop ggg marching forwards and outworking him. But there's a big size difference there before mayweather fans start crying as they do whenever you say someone could beat him.

Comment

Working...
                    X