How do you see Loma-Duran at 135 going?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
    YDKSAB

Duran holds a W over a *prime* Sugar Ray Leonard.

Lomachenko isn't fit to carry Leonard's jock strap.

Put down the Crack pipe..
    Why couldn't he beat Sugar Ray Leonard in the rematch?
    Was it because Sugar Ray Leonard changed up his style or was it because duurrrrrrr he knew he wasn't training... uughhhhh Duran forgot how to cut off the ring that night

Duran fought some excellent guys but he was losing rounds at 135 and he was in plenty of close fights, y'all trying make him out as if he had a Wladimir Klitschko reign of dominance down there.
    Sit the f**k down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cheerios36 View Post
      So then the betting money would have to be on Loma right?

Would you put money on a fighter that you COULDN'T trust to show up to the fight ready to fight?

So by your thought process, where you put your money is who you think would win the fight.
      Loma by decision and hedge it with Duran by KO.

I had Stevenson by KO rd 3, 5, & 7-9 varying amounts but none higheer than $15 and hedged it with a $5 bet on a draw because of Jack's history of draws.

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        Loma by decision and hedge it with Duran by KO.

I had Stevenson by KO rd 3, 5, & 7-9 varying amounts but none higheer than $15 and hedged it with a $5 bet on a draw because of Jack's history of draws.
        At this point, totally agree!

Comment

• Originally posted by Red Skull View Post
          Why couldn't he beat Sugar Ray Leonard in the rematch?
          Was it because Sugar Ray Leonard changed up his style or was it because duurrrrrrr he knew he wasn't training... uughhhhh Duran forgot how to cut off the ring that night

Duran fought some excellent guys but he was losing rounds at 135 and he was in plenty of close fights, y'all trying make him out as if he had a Wladimir Klitschko reign of dominance down there.
          Sit the f**k down.
          Lomachenko is a better more technical fighter than leonard.

Comment

• Duran wasn't god. He got knocked the **** out by hearns and outboxed several times by fighters not on lomo's level. Lomachenko would no mas duran.

Comment

• Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
              Duran wasn't god. He got knocked the **** out by hearns and outboxed several times by fighters not on lomo's level. Lomachenko would no mas duran.
              Hearns was pretty good in fairness. He was also much larger than Duran.

It's way too early to favor Loma over guys like a peak Duran. Duran is a top 10 in history p4p and may be the greatest fighter still alive. Loma is probably about 2-3 fights away from his own peak.

I'd favor Loma over Marquez (my favorite fighter of all-time), Barrera, Morales, Pacquaio at their bests but Duran? I can't do that.

I'd rather just let his career unfold and then try to measure him though. He's probably going to be considered the greatest fighter of his time (2013-2023 or whatever) and that should be enough to be satisfied with.

Comment

• Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
                Duran wasn't god. He got knocked the **** out by hearns and outboxed several times by fighters not on lomo's level. Lomachenko would no mas duran.
                We're talking 135. After Duran fought and beat SRL @147 he was 72-1. Duran's 1 loss being avenged by a KO.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                  I can accept Duran as the #1 at 135 in history but some historians would suggest Benny Leonard and I think Carlos Ortiz has a great claim too. I think Ortiz was good enough to even beat the best Duran at the weight and his resume at the weight perhaps has more depth if not quite the dominant run.

I certainly believe Duran to be in the top 10 boxers in history pound for pound and 135 was his best weight.
                  Leonard is a tough one to judge cause he’s from so long ago and there isn’t exactly a plethora of quality footage to examine. He certainly had a huge impact on boxing stylistically as he was one of the first boxers in that period to properly utilise fighting on the back foot with quality defence and lateral movement. Whether he had enough to beat Duran, I’m very doubtful.

Ortiz is my #2 all time at 135, I also consider him the greatest Puerto Rican fighter ever. Him and Duran would’ve been a great fight, a real technical war with great exchanges on the inside. I’d still pretty confidently pick Duran to win though. He was just so ferocious at 135, he’d win a gruelling 12 round decision over Ortiz IMO.

The only other two I think could cause Duran some real issues at 135 are Whittaker and Floyd. But Duran beats both at 135 from my perspective.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cheerios36 View Post
                    How can you possibly say that the P4P #1 fighter today couldn't carry Sugar Rays Jock.
                    Leonard has Ws over Benitez, Duran, Hearns and Hagler.

WHO in the hell has Lomafako ever beaten?

Like I said, not qualified to carry Leonard's jock strap...

Comment

• Originally posted by BLACK KNOT View Post
                      lol Duran has already been beaten at 135 before
                      By whom???

Comment

Working...
                      X