Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

View Poll Results: Who wins
Fury 13 33.33%
Wilder 26 66.67%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-20-2020, 04:50 PM #1
Interim Champion

Quoted: 181 Post(s)
fighter1234 is infamous around these partsfighter1234 is infamous around these partsfighter1234 is infamous around these partsfighter1234 is infamous around these partsfighter1234 is infamous around these partsfighter1234 is infamous around these partsfighter1234 is infamous around these partsfighter1234 is infamous around these partsfighter1234 is infamous around these partsfighter1234 is infamous around these partsfighter1234 is infamous around these parts
Bank: 1,088.49
Total Points: 10,945.00
Default Fury vs Wilder is not a 50/50 fight. Here's why.

- Fury dominated the first fight barring the two knockdowns.

- Rematches usually favor the pure boxer rather than the puncher since he can more easily make adjustments.

- Fury was coming off 3 years doing coke and having to lose over 100lbs and he still got up from the knockdowns. It is going to be way harder to knock him down this time.

- Fury is actually 3 years younger than Wilder. A lot of people don't realise Wilder is 34 years old. Age starts to play a factor when a fighter gets to his mid 30's.

- If Fury can't beat Wilder who can? Does Wilder really look like a fighter to stay undefeated?

Fury is over the odds IMO. I'd say he has about a 75% chance of winning this fight with a 25% chance of getting knocked out. The odds being even are ridiculous IMO. Thoughts?
fighter1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 04:53 PM #2
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3982 Post(s)
deathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,856.06
Total Points: 67,201.88
Quality Poster - Dr Rumack consistent quality posting - Beyonce Bomber Funny comment about the Larry account - Nomadic Flamboyant poster - Weltschmerz word life - Santa_ 
Cheers! - BombZquad You are an awesome poster, you rock! - Slick..Slayer 

Whilst i agree with a lot of that..

Rematches usually do favour the boxer over the puncher, the puncher is not usually Deontay Wilder level of puncher, who is?

Fury wins in my opinion. If Wilder couldn’t punch, it’d basically be a mismatch when you think about it. But that IF in terms of Wilder’s punch doesn’t work in this situation because of how much power he has. It’s the best equaliser in boxing.
deathofaclown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 04:55 PM #3
Contender

Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Michael1437 is a jewel in the roughMichael1437 is a jewel in the roughMichael1437 is a jewel in the rough
Bank: 11,097.78
Total Points: 12,367.63

I would agree except the fact that with Heavyweights, especially with Wilder, one punch can end it.
Michael1437 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 04:58 PM #4
Contender

Quoted: 147 Post(s)
leeroy84 is a name known to allleeroy84 is a name known to allleeroy84 is a name known to allleeroy84 is a name known to allleeroy84 is a name known to allleeroy84 is a name known to all
Bank: 17,715.75
Total Points: 21,151.30

Yeh but now the ref and judges have been named, I'd say it's much more favourable for Deontay.

The Gypsy King is getting robbed again... How ironic.
leeroy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 05:04 PM #5
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1017 Post(s)
Toffee has a brilliant futureToffee has a brilliant futureToffee has a brilliant futureToffee has a brilliant futureToffee has a brilliant futureToffee has a brilliant futureToffee has a brilliant futureToffee has a brilliant futureToffee has a brilliant futureToffee has a brilliant futureToffee has a brilliant future
Bank: 1,622.21
Total Points: 47,884.49
I must defend Eddie LMAO - "red This is Eddie Hearns cock. You love it you slag. - "red 

But...

Fury's fought nobodies for the last year. Wilder thought threats. That says to me that Wilder's prep has been of a higher intensity. I think we'll see a much better Wilder this time. Fury will be better, but not by as much.

And Wilder got to Fury twice in the last 4 rounds. Was he finding adjustments? Was he figuring Fury out?

I was confident on a Fury win last time. But this time I think Wilder gets to him earlier.
Toffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 05:14 PM #6
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,654.66
Total Points: 18,070.55
Cuz you a good poster - british_fan Underrated poster - Jose Alfredo 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - The Scientist Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - The Gully Gad 

I think Wilder will win by KO if he can make some adjustments. Fury always bends and moves his head to the right when wilder throws his right hand. That was his defence for that punch all night.

If Wilder now knows this he can start positioning fury and aim for where fury
moves to
Mushroom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 05:17 PM #7
Inspecting the Bunker

Quoted: 2785 Post(s)
jreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 44,684.63
Total Points: 52,905.60
good luck in the league, you'll need it - El Mustang For being one helluva poster - Chief2ndzOnly! chi town info - al capone You're one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. Tomasz Adamek: brave ring warrior - Freedom. 
Feliz Navidad - El Mustang just because :kiss: - Bossy For a good treasured friend - jazluvr quik payup gratzie! - `STEELHEAD 49ers/Saints. thanks for your payment, have a beer on me...cheers! - jose830 
Cheers!  Here's to hopefully a great night of boxing! - UglyPug u deserve it - WeEatinBaby ATG poster - sugarsmosley lol atg poster - Mike D Thanks for the stream! - mathed 
Thank you, Happy holidays to you and all those close as well. - TBear Happy Holidays - BOXEO _ For good luck in all your affairs - jazluvr lol I keep trying to send you points but it keeps sending 11.00 - -jose- Happy holidays! - jazluvr 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Left Hook Tua Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - .::WaRCoTTo::. AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr449 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr449 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr449 Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - MANGLER Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr449 Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - Tunney! 
Head and Neck Cancer - -Kevin- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Disposable Arts Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - jazluvr Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - jazluvr 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushroom View Post
I think Wilder will win by KO if he can make some adjustments. Fury always bends and moves his head to the right when wilder throws his right hand. That was his defence for that punch all night.

If Wilder now knows this he can start positioning fury and aim for where fury
moves to
I like Wilder too by KO as I think he will fight much smarter this time and look to set up his shots more.

Nothing would surprise me though.
jreckoning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 05:25 PM #8
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 8530 Post(s)
boliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 140,648.69
Total Points: 236,731.74
For spreading some interesting dog (+ boxing) knowledge ;) - PainfromUkraine war canelo!! - KO MX consistent levelheaded objectivity - lefthook2daliva Keep terminating retards! - Krusher P4P #1 Good poster - -Weltschmerz- 
Good poster - MDPopescu Cheers to a good poster! - King Krusher Great Post! Ward fans are cheater fans. - anthonydavid11 Very good poster! - JK1700 Great post, man! Killing it! - anthonydavid11 
No Message - MinuteMaid5 

The betting places have the odds even. It is a 50/50 fight. Fury benefited last time from a slow counting ref that gave him a bunch of walk this way tests that gave Fury extra recovery time. A puncher can win a rematch just as easily as a boxer can. Fury says he is going for a 2nd round KO which favors Wilder. Fury says he is coming in at 270 which is way to heavy and that also favors Wilder. So far more posters in this poll are picking Wilder and Wilder is my pick to win by KO of course.
boliodogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 05:31 PM #9
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 551 Post(s)
MaksBox has much to be proud ofMaksBox has much to be proud ofMaksBox has much to be proud ofMaksBox has much to be proud ofMaksBox has much to be proud ofMaksBox has much to be proud ofMaksBox has much to be proud ofMaksBox has much to be proud ofMaksBox has much to be proud of
Bank: 1,590.17
Total Points: 22,764.79

I think this will be Kovalev vs Ward 1, Canelo vs GGG 1,

Fury is the better boxer and will win with the fans, BUT he is not going to be allowed to win, unless he goes for the KO, and I think he knows it... and THAT is why Wilder will catch him once and Kenny will call it off.
MaksBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 05:38 PM #10
Interim Champion

Quoted: 181 Post(s)
fighter1234 is infamous around these partsfighter1234 is infamous around these partsfighter1234 is infamous around these partsfighter1234 is infamous around these partsfighter1234 is infamous around these partsfighter1234 is infamous around these partsfighter1234 is infamous around these partsfighter1234 is infamous around these partsfighter1234 is infamous around these partsfighter1234 is infamous around these partsfighter1234 is infamous around these parts
Bank: 1,088.49
Total Points: 10,945.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by boliodogs View Post
The betting places have the odds even. It is a 50/50 fight. Fury benefited last time from a slow counting ref that gave him a bunch of walk this way tests that gave Fury extra recovery time. A puncher can win a rematch just as easily as a boxer can. Fury says he is going for a 2nd round KO which favors Wilder. Fury says he is coming in at 270 which is way to heavy and that also favors Wilder. So far more posters in this poll are picking Wilder and Wilder is my pick to win by KO of course.
I know the bookies have it even hence me saying Fury is over the odds. It wasn't a slow count, it's common for refs to ask fighters to show they're able to fight. This is isn't like the old days when they would immediately start fighting after getting up lol.
fighter1234 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends