Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we stop pretending Brandon Rios is a power puncher?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No one is pretending he is.

Comment

Rios sucks.

Gives us exciting fights? Sure. But he sucks and doesn't have power at WW

Comment

"A lot of people" = 1 Rios fan

Comment

Originally posted by johnm is... View Post
          No one is pretending he is.
          You obviously don't frequent this place enough.

Comment

Don't agree with it all, Wladimir does use his weight from times against shorter opponents yes but he mainly boxes and moves and fights his opponent at range.
            Comparing Wlad to Rios its incomparable near enough...
            Rios reminds me of Robert Guerrero both are very ugly fighters in the ring but we know Robert can box If he wants to but he has seem to have tossed that gameplan out completely since moving up weight for whatever reason...
            Perhaps because that style got him a fight against Floyd?

Comment

rios has heavy hands. he'd be a sitting duck without some power. he's easy to hit with his power, but guys don't just stand there and beat him to the punch for a reason. when he connects, he has power.

having power does not equal having one punch power. rios doesn't have one punch power. he does have heavy hands, especially when he was at 135.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                he does have heavy hands, especially when he was at 135.
                Gee I wonder if that had anything to do with him blowing up 20 pounds on fight night.

Comment

Has Rios ever looked good at a weight class?
                  I swear he has always held that chubby look about himself and worse so at 147lbs he looked like **** last night.

Comment

Somebody mad cause Broner lost on the polls in the other tread. And lol at Rios' 20lb weight advantage shot. Broner is the exact same in those regards. At least Rios beat formidable fighters above 135. All Broner did was got a decision over Paulie that would not be if they counted body shots in the fight.

As bad as you want to make Rios out to be, he's still better than Broner, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkanyamba View Post
                      You obviously don't frequent this place enough.
                      The dude has 14,000 plus posts on this forum I think he frequents it enough to state the obvious in that no one pegs Rios as a power puncher. Now please ///////// thread...

Comment

Working...
                      X