No announcement yet.

Hey guys, i've started a new blog

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
    I agree with Demise that it's too pro-Fury. I think it would've been better to focus less on Fury's biggest critics on forums like this and instead focus more on the way he's talked about by mainstream media and the boxing writers you respect.

I think it's clear that the claims of robbery were justified and Fury-McDermott I shouldn't just be considered controversial, it was one of the worst decisions of the past decade. Also Fury's team delayed the rematch and fought 2 other guys in the meantime, whereas the blog implies it was immediate.

I remember looking at the betting for the rematch and while some backed McD, Fury was the clear favourite.

Good job though, it can be difficult to write something even for a blog, but keep at it.

If you are going to try and develop your writing with a view to becoming a boxing journalist there are a lot of guys on here who can give you some advice. Warp and Asian Sensation have both gone from regular posters to working for boxing sites since joining here.
    Thanks for the feedback, I should clarify a few things. I am only writing for fun, definitely don't harbour any illusions of becoming a journalist, second it's difficult to write about an unpopular fighter, you know that people are going to get pissed off with positives, so i just thought **** it. And third this series is largely going to be more about positives than anything else, I think i've remained realistic, but i want to avoid falling into the "forum mentality" which is by and large one that bashes fighters for every little flaw, every little mistake.

The Mcdermott thing, I stand by, too many people will just post "robbed mcdermott" but without giving it a little context it's kind of a useless statement, as are most things.

I'll try to be a little more balanced next time, I was thinking of doing Frampton or maybe look at Whyte.

Comment

Working...
    X