Collapse
No announcement yet.

UK Homeowner Arrested After Suspected Burglars Shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see a lot of you talking about killers like they are scum (rightly so) but your first action if someone breaks into your house will be to become one. Then you could shoot yourself i mean you don't want a killer around your family.

Comment

[QUOTE=squealpiggy;12474431]
      The guy in the news story doesn't. And he already acknowledged that the police were on their way. I think we'll see a bit more to this story.
      That's one case, what about the other cases of people breaking into a home?

You think the crime of burglary should carry the death penalty?
      How do you know for certain they were there simply to rob the place? You intend to find out, ask questions? Not me, not in the world I live in.

"If you violate the sanctity of someone's home and have the audacity to break into their house, sorry but you deserve what you get." is not the language of a lawful citizen in genuine fear of their lives. Precisely what I mean when I say that people who defend indiscriminate murder of people on their property change the focus from self defense to vengeance.
      Again, how do I know if my life is not in danger? So I'm expected to try and figure stuff out when strangers unlawfully break into my home in the middle of the night? Where do you live? b\Because that hesitation where I live is the difference between getting killed or defending yourself.

All those guns and there are still horrible crimes that take place? And they take place with greater frequency than in relatively gun-free Britain?
      No argument from me but guess what, the gun debate is over in America. I'm not going to be the last dumbass without one, especially out in these streets, or defending my home. I would LOVE to live in a world without guns, I will be the first one to give away my gun if you can guarantee that.

Perhaps the guns aren't making anyone safer.
      Maybe, maybe not. Statistics show places where guns are easier to get, less crime. Then again, in some states where guns are very easy to get, there's more crime. You have both examples. Having a gun may or may not save my life in case of an intrusion but it might and I like some chance better than none.

The guy saw smoke coming from your basement, banged on the door then kicked it in. His life blood leaks out on the floor, the blood of the man who saved your lives and the lives of your family.
      Absurd example, I'm sure he would be screaming "FIRE, FIRE!!" and not just go kicking someone's door down....lol
      Last edited by Cuauhtémoc1520; 09-03-2012, 01:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
        I see a lot of you talking about killers like they are scum (rightly so) but your first action if someone breaks into your house will be to become one. Then you could shoot yourself i mean you don't want a killer around your family.
        There's a difference between a killer and a murderer, I suggest you find a dictionary and learn the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by kessu.apengu
          As bad as the law is in the UK, the Jury will see sense. My friend from London has sat in jury service and said the law stands no chance against the common man. Simple they go against the law to set the proper defendant free. Even though he stabbed the robber.
          Wrong............. in the most famous case a farmer was jailed for manslaughter.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
            There's a difference between a killer and a murderer, I suggest you find a dictionary and learn the difference.
            I suggest you suggest it to the ones that mention killers then.

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
              So, if I'm understanding most of the posts here, the best move, when a burglar\rapist\killer enters your home, is to vacate as quickly and safely as possible?!?!

It today's society, that is called a "MARK". You vacate your home under these circumstances and you can count on being a target again and again and again.
              People don't become criminals because they want to work hard. The vast majority of burglaries, indeed the vast majority of crimes are opportunistic in nature. The notion that you acting to get help will result in you being somehow victimised has no basis in reality.

The best way to protect yourself rom burglary isn't having an arsenal of weapons and an itchy finger. It's making your dwelling harder to break into. That is to say make it harder to break into than your neighbours'. Most B&E entries are through the front door. If the intruder doesn't get through with one kick they go somewhere else. Keep valuables out of sight.

You also have to remember that people falling victim to the most heinous crimes involving torture or murder in a home invasion are more often than not victimised because they are involved in crime themselves. Home invasions happen to people who have drugs or cash or weapons.

This is exactly why the Castle Law or a Defense of Habitation Law was introduced.
              I would take a cynic's stance and suggest that the law was introduced for political expediency because being "tough on crime" is an easy sell especially in GunsAndJesusLand.

No one should have to leave their home to be safe,
              Noone should have to shoot someone for breaking into their home. Noone should be homeless. Noone should go hungry.

Don't confuse ought for is.

the home is where family safety begins and ends. And every man, woman and child, should be allowed to do whatever is necessary to keep that home safe. If it includes engaging someone who has chosen to violate that "safe space" then so be it!
              I'm sure that the children will feel even safer when there's some petty thief's brains spread all over the rug.

The burglar\rapist\killer had a choice and he chose to violate a families safe space, therefore he should suffer the consequences for that action. PERIOD!!!!!!!

This is a cruel and evil world we live in, no man or woman should ever be forced to capitulate to a burglar\rapist\killer, especially in their home.
              And you've still not addressed the demonstrable point I made that places with the castle doctrine are LESS safe than places without.

Comment

Originally posted by kessu.apengu
                As bad as the law is in the UK, the Jury will see sense. My friend from London has sat in jury service and said the law stands no chance against the common man. Simple they go against the law to set the proper defendant free. Even though he stabbed the robber.
                You are not correct. The most famous case in the UK of a man shooting burglers is the Tony Martin case and he got a prison stretch

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2000/ap...artin.ukcrime3

Comment

Lol wasn't there a story about a home intruder who ended up suing the home owners because when he was trying to break in from the window, the frame was improperly secured and the robber fell and broke his arm? I could have sworn I heard a story like that.

Anyway, you just can't go wrong with a 1911...

Comment

Wrong............. in the most famous case a farmer was jailed for manslaughter.
                    And that should have been a murder charge. He bragged beforehand that the next "gyppo" who came on his land was going to get shot to death with the shotgun he illegally procured for just such an occasion. He then followed the burglar outside and shot him in the back as he attempted to flee over a fence.

Maybe, maybe not. Statistics show places where guns are easier to get, less crime.
                    Statistics that are carefully selected by special interest groups show this. What you find is that the causes of crime are more complex and the availability of guns doesn't necessarily have any impact on crime. What you do find is that violent crime is considerably higher in areas where violent rhetoric is encouraged. Which is why the rate of violent crime is so high in states where "stand your ground" and "castle doctrine" are the order of the day.

Sure, gun twats will point to places like Switzerland as having a high concentration of guns and a low crime level. But Switzerland also has an extremely progressive attitude to crime and punishment, not to mention things like poverty, healthcare, income equality and the like.

Essentially if someone is killed in the commission of a crime then it's the duty of the police to investigate it, hence the arrest.

Comment

Then you can shoot them, but going downstairs with a gun is creating a situation where the burglars themselves fear for their lives and will open fire on you. Going Rambo helps nobody......
                      wanted to read all your post before replying but couldn't help replying now...WHAT ?
                      if there's burglars in my home a situation has already been created...what kind of world you live in these are two intruders breaking in your home with the intentions to cause harm to you and your family...if that couple would of been trained to shoot a firearm properly those two burglars would of been taken out of there in body bags not ambulance...the correct way anyone invading you're home should exit...

Comment

Working...
                      X