No announcement yet.

how many days have you trained consecutively

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how many days have you trained consecutively

I know the rule of thumb. you need to give your body time to recover every couple of days but I know some of you have gone long stretches of training with no rest. How long is the longest you've gone?

I've gone 12 straight days without a rest day when I was 16 or 17.

To this day though I work out 6 days a week Mon-Sat with Sunday off and I feel fine. No over training issues or lethargy. I still have productive workouts.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
      I know the rule of thumb. you need to give your body time to recover every couple of days but I know some of you have gone long stretches of training with no rest. How long is the longest you've gone?
      probably same amount of days you've consecutively stole from old ladies

Scum = Timmeh

Comment

I train six days a week, but from time to time I'll throw in a seven day training week too. I can't say how long I've ever gone without a rest day. I might have made it a month or so without a day off in the past, but it would be a little foolish and tempting injury.

Comment

would you guys mention your ages as well?

i'm 37. i am not really training to for anything in particular apart from optimal fitness. but i do a lot of hi intensity stuff, in the heat, the cold. but because i have boxing background i am having trouble telling myself when enough is enough and go for hours. sometimes (though rarely) twice a day.

i guess this is more of psychological problem.

Comment

At most i train 6-10 days straight, take 1-2 days off after that. Usually on any given week i train 5-6 days a week, 2-3 of those days will be multiple workouts, usually athletic/strength in the morning, boxing later. More than anything, you need to give your central nervous system a break everyonce in a while, you dont want to burn that out it sucks. An ofcourse take your vitamins and supplements such as fish oil.

Because of the central nervous system, i would just do 5-6 days a week, but if you go on any crazy schedule and train everyday for a long while(weeks to months), i would seriously consider taking a week or two off.

24 years old
            Last edited by ~AK49~; 08-04-2012, 10:16 PM.

Comment

I dont box or lift weights but do jiu-jitsu. I've trained for the last 2 weeks (12 days straight) sparring hard everyday. Mind is sharper but my body needs a break lol

Comment

when i got back into training at the start of this year i was barely having any rest days. i probably went for close to a month straight, at least 3 weeks. i was easing into it though, still working intense but obviously much less rounds/reps.

these days i usually go 2-3 days on 1 off and repeat. over the past week i went for like 5 days straight and i think this is the first time ive felt what overtraining is... yeah rest is very important. each session i have im always intense and pushing it, and working for at least 1 hour and a half.
                Last edited by VIPrice; 05-28-2014, 09:17 AM.

Comment

I trained for 2 straight weeks with no rest days.

Then I got super sick for 2 days and now I take Sunday off.

Comment

like every day for a week, now i do mostly 3 straight days then a day off

Comment

Working...
                    X