No announcement yet.

Rigondeaux-Marroquin Finalized

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rigondeaux-Marroquin Finalized

It's on. Rigondeaux will defend his belt against Robert Marroquin in one of the bouts on the undercard of the Martinez-Chavez fight. According to Bob Arum, Rigo agreed to a new short-term deal to do the fight on Sept. 15 while they continue to discuss a longer-term agreement.

Looking forward to this one.

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    It's on. Rigondeaux will defend his belt against Robert Marroquin in one of the bouts on the undercard of the Martinez-Chavez fight. According to Bob Arum, Rigo agreed to a new short-term deal to do the fight on Sept. 15 while they continue to discuss a longer-term agreement.

Looking forward to this one.
    Yea well, what's a short term deal... Just that one fight?

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
      Yea well, what's is a short term deal... Just that one fight?
      The report I read makes it sound like just the Marroquin fight, while they discuss Rigo's future with Top Rank. Apparently, Arum really wanted this fight on the undercard.

Comment

I would be kind of worried if I was a fan of Rigondeaux, not because Marroquin should be that dangerous to Rigondeaux but he is a long term Top Rank prospect so if he can last to the end I could see him getting a suspect win easy.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
          The report I read makes it sound like just the Marroquin fight, while they discuss Rigo's future with Top Rank. Apparently, Arum really wanted this fight on the undercard.
          I really dont think I like Rigo with Top Rank anymore...

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
            I would be kind of worried if I was a fan of Rigondeaux, not because Marroquin should be that dangerous to Rigondeaux but he is a long term Top Rank prospect so if he can last to the end I could see him getting a suspect win easy.
            Yup and we have heard of Rigo's team worrying about robberies from Top Rank. It's sad when you can't trust your own promoter. That right there is your queue to dip out.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
              This is a good point, and I have to agree. I get the feeling that Arum would prefer that Marroquin win, but it wouldn't bother him either way. I don't think Bob has much regard for Rigo. I hope Guille goes in looking for the kill, 'cause the "fix" might be in.

Comment

I'm already anticipating people comparing Rigo's performance against Marroquin to Donaire's performance against Mathebula, since both will be at a height disadvantage.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                  I really dont think I like Rigo with Top Rank anymore...
                  Same here. Check your in-box.

Comment

wow what a great fight. blows all of donaire's fights out of the water. Rigo taking on the dangerous and highly ducked marroquin while donaire fights unknown guys with jetlag.

Comment

Working...
                    X