Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do people on here like how ABRIL fought??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Prawn Cornelius View Post
    Abril doesnt have loads of power. Why would he stand toe to toe and risk getting knocked out when he has the ability to throw punches and deflect the ones that could really get him in trouble? All this talk about how his style is hurting boxing when in fact his style of moving around the ring and having a good inside game coupled with precision shots IS the essence of boxing!

Why hate on Abril because he is the more intelligent fighter? Even I was rooting for Bam Bam, but Abril just took him out of his game. Not even a close fight, I had it a generous 8-4 for Abril.
    Paulie malinaggi has zero power, but did you see how he out boxed the baby Bull? Thats boxing, your telling me every no powered fighter should just be able to hold like that because he can't punch. get out of here.

Comment

Originally posted by RIZO24 View Post
      Come on man Molina at least will exchange punches but I will agree he holds too much. This cliwn Abril was literally holding Rios gloves.
      When did Molina exchange with Kirkland?????

That whole fight he would do this......

Punch, hold Kirkland, punch while Holding, push him to the ropes, hold his arm the whole night, punch, let go and punch, hold again.

And Kirkland still won 3 rounds with a busted shoulder and was about to stop Molina had it not been for the holding in the 10th.

Abril wasn't as bad as that guy but he still held a lot.

Molina held 118 times in 10 rounds, which was every 15 seconds, not even taking into account how long he held each time.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
        Yeah, the real problem is the way Rios fought.

He was bad last night.
        Funny how no one mentions this Rios had the opportunity when in close to step around and land hooks and outwork Abril through stretches of the fight but he didn't unless your squared up in front of him he's clueless

Comment

smh... the ppl on this site are pathetic. sure he has a wack style, but to say he deserved to get robbed? pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
            When did Molina exchange with Kirkland?????

That whole fight he would do this......

Punch, hold Kirkland, punch while Holding, push him to the ropes, hold his arm the whole night, punch, let go and punch, hold again.

And Kirkland still won 3 rounds with a busted shoulder and was about to stop Molina had it not been for the holding in the 10th.

Abril wasn't as bad as that guy but he still held a lot.

Molina held 118 times in 10 rounds, which was every 15 seconds, not even taking into account how long he held each time.
            Do you think Molina is stronger physically than Kirkland???

Kirkland could have worked his way out but he didn't he allowed himself to be tied up!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
              smh... the ppl on this site are pathetic. sure he has a wack style, but to say he deserved to get robbed? pathetic.
              It's a double edge sword man. If I support Abril, I'm supporting dirty fighting. If I support Rios, I'm supporting corrupt judges.

There's no winner here. No matter what you support, there's a downside.

Comment

Originally posted by RIZO24 View Post
                Yeah he beat Rios easily. But do you guys like his style of fighting?? Me personally, I hate fighters who try and win by points like that. I know Bam Bam is an idiot sometimes and understand how people hate him but he is an exciting fighter who likes to give fans an exciting fight. That being said, Richard Abril is a great technical fighter but his style of fighting is ugly to watch and belongs more in the amateur circuit. So do most people praising Abril like to see him hold and box his way to bigger fights? Not me people his style was very unpleasent to my eyes, im still trying to recover from watching him hild his way to victory. Remember people styles make fights and Abril would make any fighter look bad but do you really like watching that ****t again??
                Yeah, sure why not? He moved, combo'd, countered, and controlled the pace and distance of the fight. He has odd movements but his style was fine with me, screw people blaming him for holding. He did not hold excessively compared to a lot of other fighters who do worse and get admired and commended for the technique.

He stood right up close like Rios likes it and he picked off 9 out of 10 shots and would catch Rios with the right and side step. Rios didn't handle himself well during training because he is lazy and a punk. Punks get beaten up like he did last night....this was the worst robbery I have ever seen.
                Last edited by mathed; 04-15-2012, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman Hodgson View Post
                  Exactaly. Sometimes I think some people would prefer to watch a couple of drunk dudes fight outside a bar at closing time.
                  Like I said, watch Malinaggi vs Juan Diaz, Whitaker vs Chavez, thats real boxing, using your legs, creating angles, countering, not hold like crazy and tap a guy with very few punches.

I think most of you guys who keep saying we don't know scything about boxing see Philly shell defense and automatically think the dude is an incredible boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman Hodgson View Post
                    Exactaly. Sometimes I think some people would prefer to watch a couple of drunk dudes fight outside a bar at closing time.
                    Right. And I love a good brawl, dont get me wrong. I thoroughly enjoyed Alvardo-Herrera and thought that was the best fight last night, but to EXPECT a boxer to play into his opponents plan is ludicrous!

Comment

Originally posted by Very Rich Man View Post
                      It's a double edge sword man. If I support Abril, I'm supporting dirty fighting. If I support Rios, I'm supporting corrupt judges.

There's no winner here. No matter what you support, there's a downside.
                      agreed, i think the people on this site don't know the rules of boxing

Comment

Working...
                      X