No announcement yet.

Andre Ward really is a wasted talent.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andre Ward really is a wasted talent.

He should be well established as #1 pound for pound by now. He should have had about 40 fights. If he retires now he has an outstanding resume, but he needs to rematch Sergey Kovalev. Looking at his record, he had the potential to challenge Joe Calzaghe's supremacy as the greatest Super Middleweight of all-time. However inactivity has made that impossible now. The Super Middleweight division remains in limbo.

Ward should rematch Kovalev and then go after Adonis Stevenson. He could retire on those two wins and be remembered as the best of his generation. Just a shame that I think he could have got a few more wins if he'd been more active. An undefeated Lucian Bute was the first miss. Then not taking the Chad Dawson fight at Light Heavyweight. Then not fighting Bernard Hopkins, that would have been a great legacy fight.

hes already better than calzaghe and i hate ward. better resume at 168 and moved up and fought a better light heavyweight then calzaghe did. yes both guys should have lost but if we are comparing like things ward has the advantage. also hes not that talented. he relies on hometown decisions and refs to let him hold and do that crap. refused to travel. overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      hes already better than calzaghe and i hate ward. better resume at 168 and moved up and fought a better light heavyweight then calzaghe did. yes both guys should have lost but if we are comparing like things ward has the advantage. also hes not that talented. he relies on hometown decisions and refs to let him hold and do that crap. refused to travel. overrated.

via GIPHY

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
        Who has Calzaghe beat though? When it comes to Resumes, Ward has the better one without a shadow of a doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaspa9t9 View Post
          Who has Calzaghe beat though? When it comes to Resumes, Ward has the better one without a shadow of a doubt.
          A prime kessler. And a far more convincing win than headbutting his way to victory.

Comment

Ward has has a tremendous career and he isn't done

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
              Haha! C'mon daggum. I don't know who you're trying to troll with that statement.

And to that other fellow asking who has Joe Calzaghe beat. Well:

Chris Eubank, Sr.
              Robin Reid
              Jeff Lacy
              Mikkel Kessler
              Bernard Hopkins
              Roy Jones, Jr.

Those are Joe's "top" wins. A combination of prime, top opponents, some of who were expected to beat Joe with ease. Also, some of the biggest names of Joe's era. Can't really ask for more.

Other notable wins over former champions at Super Middleweight:

Byron Mitchell
              Richie Woodhall
              Charles Brewer
              Sakio Bika

Comment

Olympic gold medalist and unified champion in 2 weight classes?

What a waste of talent.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
                  Olympic gold medalist and unified champion in 2 weight classes?

What a waste of talent.
                  I feel he could have been more. With a few more signature wins and activity he could have surpassed Floyd and Manny. There was a time when people expected that to be the case. Now he seems to be on his way out of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Scholar View Post
                    I feel he could have been more. With a few more signature wins and activity he could have surpassed Floyd and Manny. There was a time when people expected that to be the case. Now he seems to be on his way out of boxing.
                    I somewhat agree. His stubborness outside of the ring caused a lot of inactivity and missed opportunities.

Comment

Working...
                    X