Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia: I'd Love a Thurman Rematch To Get Those Titles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
    I think the occassion got to Garcia, not taking anything away from Thurman, but Garcia looked awed, tentative and totally shellshocked. Needs to relax more and let his hands go. He hurt Thurman with a body shot, he actually winced, but then didn't follow it up. His father sounded half-asleep too, he should have given him a slap to wake him up and tell him he was down on the score card, I mean it was pretty obvious. That wasn't Garcia at his best, maybe he'll take more risks and relax more now that his 0's gone, so yes I think he'll do better in a rematch.
    Of course you can't take anything away from Thurman because he was the one who made Garcia that way. He came out guns blazing to get his respect. If you want another example of this go watch Rigo vs Donaire. Rigo went out there and set the tone saying I can hurt you so don't try and get funny.

Comment

I had the fight 8 rounds to 4. Thurman won pretty comfortably and made it closer in the last rounds by running too much. Thurman did fight well though. He caught Garcia with some hard shots that would have at least dropped lesser fighters. Danny has a good chin, no doubt. He seems sturdier at 147, but his power didn't make itself known in the fight. So I still wonder if that moved up with him as well.

Comment

I agree with others, i don't think it's warranted yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
          The Garcia gameplan was wrong. Thurman has excellent footwork. Danny chose to follow and box instead of bringing pressure. He'll never beat One Time in the middle of the ring. Thurman cannot take pressure.
          Danny's problem is that he doesn't really know how to apply pressure. Even a jelly legged Khan survived a long time against him. He's great when he can sit and counter, but he sucks when he is forced to advance.

Maybe he needs to push his father to one side. Every fight where he struggles is due to the opponent making him come forward. It's been a problem for years and his father doesn't seem capable of doing anything about it.

Comment

"Fight.world, fight.world, fight-world, idgaf what he say to me" lmao. Keith was triggered. Why is 'Fight-world" without the hyphen being sensored here?

Comment

Maybe way down the line but as of right now.. I don't wanna see that again. Danny was given a gift bcuz that was no fckn split decision. Danny lost that fight clearly.

Comment

I say give this guy's a taste of his own medicine make him cry about it he should understand ask khan and mythysse

Comment

That's right lol

Comment

Still many questions not answered. Fight was very conservative and cautious and like my post on this ? It was oacar vs Trinidad all over again

Comment

Originally posted by The Tribe View Post
                      Look at this punk ass ***** coming out the woodwork now that Swift took an L. You werent so brave after DSG put a spanking on that boy Mattyse.
                      Originally posted by Lords View Post
                      You still salty Danny beat your favorite fighter and made you look like a fool? Let it go bro.
                      This is funny and ironic coming from 2 alt accounts and one
                      of them who only posts when a Hoe Rican is fighting.

Btw I never went anywhere. I was right there that night giving him his props:
                      Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                      Congratulations to the Garcia's, well deserved. They fought a good fight and that eye was a game changer.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                      And yea I edited the post cause I made a typo and Im OCD like that.

Comment

Working...
                      X