Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eubank pulling out of the GGG fight like the rest?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
    Yeah, I'm finding the hype behind this fight really strange to be honest. Eubank has done nothing in his career so far to warrant people getting behind this fight as something big in the division. The best guy he's fought, another half decent domestic level guy, he lost to.

It is interesting that people keep bringing up that this happens to GGG over and over again. They seem to be overlooking the one common denominator in all these similar situations that GGG finds himself in over and over again.

If the same thing keeps happening to someone, time and time again, maybe it has something to do with them rather than everyone else except them.

Anyway, in this instance it seems to be which channel they go with and how they get paid from it in terms of what Eubank Sr was saying. GGG/K2 seem to expect quite a lot in negotiations though from what I've read. Or at least, they say one thing in the media, but the reality in the negotiating room is a lot different.
    Loeffler is famously easy to work with. Every promoter he has worked with has said so.

Comment

Originally posted by PK3434 View Post
      Loeffler is famously easy to work with. Every promoter he has worked with has said so.
      Correct, that's a lame talking point. Hearn was just saying how it was a breeze making a deal with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
        Prior to the fight the Eubanks and Hearn basically said the deal is in place, GGG/K2 have signed and is willing to come over, K2 and GGG agreed to everything, same as the Eubanks, Jr only needs to win against Doran.

Fight would be in London, either Wembley or O2 on SKY PPV.

Now suddenly after the Doran fight, Eubank Sr starts talking about

"I want to change the game, fighters need to be paid better, we have a british champion here and he is willing to take the fight. Sky has 24 hours to change whatever deal was in place and pay us more, if the fight isn't getting made it is because of Sky. If the fans want that fight, they need to start a petition and tell Sky that they need to change the deal and pay us more"

Hearn was sitting next to him and he was totally speechless, stuttering and struck, tried to calm the situation down.

In an interview later Hearn said that the deal was already done a couple days ago and Eubank basically agreed to everything and now, hours after the Doran fight they want more of the split, want more broadcaster money etc, otherwise they will not sign it.

He said he will find out on Monday if they actually want the fight or not.

Here is the new interview with Hearn, its already on Boxingscene under videos, cant embed it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl2IapaWyrU
        This is the truth that the anti-GGG brigade won't tell...

Comment

I guess OP was right. At the time of this thread I just thought the Eubanks were trying to squeeze more money out of Sky, don't know what to think now. I don't think Sr should be managing his sons career though, no Saunders rematch, no Jacobs and now no Golovkin.

Comment

Looks like this turned out to be true. What a shame on both sides.

Comment

Working...
            X