Comments Thread For: Marquez Would Want Rehydration Clause in Cotto Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
    Here is your problem.....

Angel Heredia, is Alex Ariza's mentor, everybody seems to forget that.

" he is a very close friend, he taught me everything I know "
    ~ Ariza, on Heredia
    Ariza ain't a chemist heredia is.

Comment

I see no chance of this fight happening no matter how much I'd like to see it at 147-150 pounds.

Comment

Marquez to all the haters- "I've never tested dirty or avoided any drug testing. Your god however, who I laid out cold in our last fight avoided getting tested for years against Money May. For fear, cultural, or religious reasons he couldn't take the needle. Yet he has a tattoo. He also went up several weight classes laying bigger guys out in his career. After the allegations of him being juiced up, years ago, he never knocked anyone out again. If that isn't guilt, what is? Point the finger elsewhere and get off my nuts."

Comment

Rehydration clauses are gay.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
            This is an absurd fight anyhow! A SMW vs a blown up LWW.
            Exactly. Not to mention that Marquez is 42, but Cotto is "only" 35. Also Cotto has been fighting regularly against top competition, whereas JMM hasn't fought in almost two years now. Also as if that wasn't enough, JMM has a knee injury that doesn't seem to heal. It's a lose-lose situation for Marquez legacy wise, but if he really needs money before retiring, then that's a different story.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
              JMM laying down the rules for Miss Cotto. I don't think Cotto can make 147lbs, especially if you restrict how much he can rehydrate afterwards. Good, this fight should never get made.
              Cotto can probably still make 147 as 152 looks fairly easy.
              But he probably doesnt want to and almost certainly would not agree to a "rehydation clause".
              Nor should he. If he makes the agreed weight at the agreed time then that's it.
              But Prima Donna Miguel will not have another fighter dictate the terms after what happened with Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                that's already illegal. that's like putting in the contract no murdering/raping. then again if someone did that usada would give them an exemption.
                If it's in place it was used with no repercussions on May 2nd by a Steroid cheat

Comment

Originally posted by TwistedChimp View Post
                  Marquez to all the haters- "I've never tested dirty or avoided any drug testing. Your god however, who I laid out cold in our last fight avoided getting tested for years against Money May. For fear, cultural, or religious reasons he couldn't take the needle. Yet he has a tattoo. He also went up several weight classes laying bigger guys out in his career. After the allegations of him being juiced up, years ago, he never knocked anyone out again. If that isn't guilt, what is? Point the finger elsewhere and get off my nuts."
                  Got a source for this quote? Doesn't sound like he'd say this, nor have the type of English to talk this way, but if so then no problem, we know he hired a known steroid distributing cheat and broke out like a teenager while having barry bonds type of knees, but no need for your red bar response, no need to bother with you after this.

Comment

Working...
                  X