Richard Grant tried to hug James Butler and got sucker-punched

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richard Grant tried to hug James Butler and got sucker-punched

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php?title=Fight:209064

After the fight, Butler knocked out Grant (and broke his jaw) with a bare-fisted sucker-punch when Grant offered a post-bout hug. Butler was arrested, convicted of aggrivated assault, and sent to prison.

James Butler went to prison for this.

Should Grant have been "protecting himself at all times" or are sucker punches poor sportsmanship?

I think they did the right thing by sending Butler to prison for this.
    Last edited by The Hammer; 09-23-2011, 01:17 PM.

after the fight, not during.

And with no gloves on.

smh

Comment

Lol people actually respond to this guy? Another case of a Boxrec Inspector Gadget who hasn't seen any fights.

Comment

This was after the fight.

Completey different situation.

Had James Butler done the exact same thing expect for it being during the fight with time being in then he would have won by KO.

But, it wasn't. It was after the fight. Without gloves on for that matter.

Which is obviously completely different and completely disgusting.

As for; "Should he be protecting himself at all times?". Yes.....during the fight. Not after.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
          But is it good sportsmanship to sucker punch a good-natured opponent, either after (as in this case) or during a stoppage when the referee isn't looking?
          It's actually illegal to do what James Butley did. As in actually illegal. Hense why he went to Prison.

Completely different morally and legally.

Comment

As far as I can tell Butler and Mayweather are interchangeable. Both are dirty fighters.

Comment

While I agree that what Floyd did was gay, this was completely different. Like i told you before...you embarrass youirself with ***** like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                http://boxrec.com/media/index.php?title=Fight:209064

James Butler went to prison for this.

Should Grant have been "protecting himself at all times" or are sucker punches poor sportsmanship?

I think they did the right thing by sending Butler to prison for this.

Freedom, seriously?? Come on man.

Day after day, you're making illogical, emotionally driven outlandish staments.

Either you have officially gone mad or you're turning into one bizarre individual. I'm not sure which.

But if you need someone to talk too, I'm here man.
                Last edited by BoxingGenius27; 09-23-2011, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                  While I agree that what Floyd did was gay, this was completely different. Like i told you before...you embarrass youirself with ***** like this.
                  Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                  Freedom, seriously?? Come on man.

Day after day, you're making illogical, emotionally/ridiculously driven outlandish staments.

Either you have officially gone mad or you're turning into one bizarre individual. I'm not sure which.

But if you need someone to talk too, I'm here man.

Exactly where did I mention Floyd?

Where did I say it was the same?

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    It's actually illegal to do what James Butley did. As in actually illegal. Hense why he went to Prison.

Completely different morally and legally.
                    I thought he went to prison for killing Kellermen's brother?

Comment

Working...
                    X