No announcement yet.

Lara is the most underrated fighter in the sport

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RussTBE View Post
    GGG arguably lost to jacobs whos been ktfo before and dropped by whats his face not that long ago. Triangle theories dont work, just becase a fighter struggled with a certain fighter in the past. Doesnt mean anything.

Lara has the lateral movement and long range style to give GGG problems. Slow foot canelo evaded him for a good portion of the fight what makes you think lara cant do the same? Lara is better than canelo.
    No, Canelo didn't "Evaded" Golovkin for a good amount of time. He used Counters and Hand speed to keep GOlovkin off him but GGG would still keep on finding Canelo on the ropes and force it in, and Canelo was on the ropes for 60% of the fight, that's not "Evading for a good portion". It wasn't Canelos feet that kept Golovkin off of him, it was his output and quick combos that made Golovkin hesistant, and Lara DOES NOT HAVE ANYTHING that Canelo has on the offensive side.

Comment

One of the stupidest threads I saw in my life.

First of all, he didn't school Canelo, that was a very competitive fight. And the rematch was impossible cuz the bored fight that Lara did.

Who the hell will buy or see the second fight? If was trash.

Lara received a gift vs Molina.

He deserved a L in that fight.

So??

Lara is a very good fighter but is in the level of Carlos Cuadras, Jacobs, etc.

Not a super star.

Comment

Better footwork than canelo. Better defense than canelo. Bigger than canelo and more skilled.

He could outbox GGG. Lets not act like GGG ran over canelo he got a close win in which canelo had success too.
        But worst chin than Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
          One of the stupidest threads I saw in my life.

First of all, he didn't school Canelo, that was a very competitive fight. And the rematch was impossible cuz the bored fight that Lara did.

Who the hell will buy or see the second fight? If was trash.

Lara received a gift vs Molina.

He deserved a L in that fight.

So??

Lara is a very good fighter but is in the level of Carlos Cuadras, Jacobs, etc.

Not a super star.
          Jacobs would beat Lara H2H lol, and P4P based on what I saw, Cuadras is more skilled than Lara.

Comment

Lara can't do a lot of things than Canelo do.

Lara has only better speed, footwork and nothing more.

Lara have not variety, he only use the right jab and the left.

1-2
            1-2
            1-2

And move a lot around the ring.

He has not chin, Golovkin would murderer Lara in 5 rounds.

Canelo defense is better, and different.

Canelo use a great bending (which Lara doesn't have) and head movement, he dominates the art of the defense in the ropes. And is very strong, so he can received a bomb and still solid like he took that big right hand of Golovkin.

Lara use his footwork and speed.
            Last edited by Mexican_Puppet; 10-13-2017, 01:12 PM.

Comment

First off he should be undeated, plodding canelo got schooled and got a gift. Paul williams didnt beat him either. he got ****ed over twice on the cards.

Canelo avoided a rematch like the plague after his gift, lara meanwhile has been schooling fools left and right. Lara is p4p one of the best yet is never talked about.

To be honest i also think he would beat GGG at 160, and im a GGG fan.
              I was rooting for Lara in that fight but he lost. Started off well then hit a wall while Nelo put in that work. I have to watch the P. Will fight again to give you an honest opinion about that one & Lara has the skills to out box lil g but I haven't seen Lara at 160 & when he fought Nelo he got tired so that would be an interesting fight, I would like to see that one after lil g loses again.....

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                Jacobs would beat Lara H2H lol.
                Yeah, because his power and be bigger than Lara.

Comment

No, im telling you guys Lara would give GGG serious problems. You say he has no diversity in his offense. he doesnt really need it. He uses the jab and left hand perfectly and can throw in some uppercuts at times.

What have we seem GGG struggle with? Good boxers that can move and have good defense, thats exactly what lara is. He has a pretty good chance to move side to side, stay off the ropes and just dance around GGG forcing him to constantly reset and over commit, he would also start tagging him with straight lefts which have alot of pop on them. Also GGG is past it now, laras speed/movement would give him trouble i am 100% sure of it.

GGG has failed to KO his 2 best opponents that is just facts. Im a fan of his but i cant just ignore facts.

Comment

Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
                    He got dropped twice by angulo and was losing on the cards against him. A C LEVEL Brawler at the time. He drawed with molina who's average at best. If anything he's very overrated.
                    Here we go again, Golovtards making up alternate facts again. Lara was only losing on one card, and let's not even mention the compubox stats for this match.

Lara vs GGG ends up pretty much like GGG vs Canelo. Lara might get dropped once, but eventually exploit's Golovkin huge immobile head and stiff upper body. I could see him use Golovkin's head like a open target and do laps and somersaults all night around him. If Golovkin couldn't touch Canelo, I doubt he connects more than 25% on power shots against Lara.

Comment

Im usually pretty accurate with my predictions.

Comment

Working...
                      X