Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Charlo is an A Level fighter why isn't Jacobs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think either is 'A level', but i'd rate Jacobs higher than Charlo.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      The **** you mean would have been a great fight? When did they die? One of them just got to 160 a couple months ago. Stop trying to be a passive-aggressive d*ck.
      Yet you want him to fight the guy who beat Jacobs.
      Very inconsistent. I guess you'd invoke the mandatory thing for a comeback huh?

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        The **** you mean would have been a great fight? When did they die? One of them just got to 160 a couple months ago. Stop trying to be a passive-aggressive d*ck.
        Read the title of the thread.
        It's not my thread.
        So why do you think fans start these types of threads?
        "Charlo is A level, Jacobs is not."
        Then you say "One of them just got to 160 a couple of months ago."

Logical conclusion:
        Only way to settle it is see them actually fight.

Comment

Jacobs is more proven than Charlo and this is coming from a fan of both. Who's claiming that Charlo is more elite than Jacobs anyways?

Comment

Originally posted by genrick View Post
            Yet you want him to fight the guy who beat Jacobs.
            Very inconsistent. I guess you'd invoke the mandatory thing for a comeback huh?
            Don't try that cornball strawman argument. You're going on about the fight not happening as if you've been waiting five years for it when one of them just moved up a couple months ago. Or did you forget what you were just crying about?

Comment

I think Jacobs is an A fighter and Jermall is at least an A- and probably an A. I kind of hate the A B C grading thing because it's so vague and different people use it in different ways. Jermall has no losses while Jacobs lost once to a very good fighter. Jacobs has a 1st round KO over Kid Chocolate and a close loss to GGG which I think tops any Jermall win. Jermall just barely beat Trout and never hurt Trout much. I think Jacobs would KO Trout and beat Jermall. Jacobs KOed I think 12 middleweights in a row before the GGG loss. I think he hit harder than Jermall and is a bigger, better middleweight.

Comment

If there is no Golovkin-Canelo rematch I still like idea of Golovkin-Saunders and Jacobs vs. Charlo in December. Winners face off in March or April. I'd say odds are slim to none but that would be good for the division.

Comment

Going to take more than beating Jorge Sebastian Heiland before considering Charlo "A Level" at 160. I think Jermall Charlo is a excellent boxer puncher himself and yes I do think he does pose a threat to all at 160 BUT I would like to see him take 1 more Fighter vs a tough true Middleweight before jumping in with the Top 160 guys

Someone like Andy Lee would be a GREAT great for him before the WBC Orders him to fight for that Belt!

Comment

In my mind Jacobs IS an A level fighter.

One big shot lost him the Pirog fight. Credit to Pirog because he did land that one big shot and you can't take that away from him -- but if Jacobs slips that shot he more than likely beats Pirog. He got caught, though. It happens. He lost a very competitive, close fight to Golovkin.

In reality Danny Jacobs is SOOOOOOO close to actually being 34-0 with a near 90% stoppage percentage. He's a really, really good fighter. He's not A+ but in my book he's an A level guy. Even if it's A minus.

To me Jacobs battled Gennady every bit as tough as Canelo did.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
                      Jacobs is more proven than Charlo and this is coming from a fan of both. Who's claiming that Charlo is more elite than Jacobs anyways?
                      A lot of people, bro.

Comment

Working...
                      X