Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Detection of mini black holes at the LHC could indicate parallel universes in extra d

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deliveryman View Post
    No, physics and time is relative to the observer, hence the name "relativity", our position to the sun or anything else is irrelevant. The only thing that matters is YOU, the observer.

Also, the numerical value of time (seconds, minutes, years, etc.) are just arbitrary measurements of the dimension we experience as time.
    My boy from canada always deliver. Green k!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kadyo View Post
      Our imaginations can only grasp 3 dimensions - length, width and height- but Einstein has shown that there is physically a 4th dimension, time. Mathematically, we can construct abstract structures with multiple dimensions (manifolds). String theory says there are actually 11 physical dimensions at quantum level and multiverse is an implication of the said theory.
      Isn't there an infinite amount of dimensions?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        Isn't there has an infinite amount of dimensions?
        No. I am not aware of any working models that has an infinite amount of dimensions as a parameter.

M Theory (string theory) has 11... Don't know anything else with more...

Perhaps you meant universes and not dimensions. The answer is: possibly, but we don't know. There is something called the "Many-Worlds interpretation" that tries to make sense of Quantum Mechanics. It basically states that every possible outcome is actualized. If true, that would mean there is a universe that exists somewhere, where you are a billionaire and banging Kim Kardashian. It also means that there exists a very real universe out there, where you are also suffer the most gruesome death imaginable.

EDIT: Many-Worlds Interpretation Link
        Last edited by deliveryman; 03-20-2015, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kadyo View Post
          My boy from canada always deliver. Green k!!!
          Thanks. I love this stuff.

Comment

so there's a version of me somewhere that is still skinny?

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
              so there's a version of me somewhere that is still skinny?
              Except that.... fatty.

Comment

Except that.... fatty.
                ok not skinny.

moderately chubby?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  Isn't there an infinite amount of dimensions?
                  Mathematically, the answer is yes.

Comment

No. I am not aware of any working models that has an infinite amount of dimensions as a parameter.

M Theory (string theory) has 11... Don't know anything else with more...

Perhaps you meant universes and not dimensions. The answer is: possibly, but we don't know. There is something called the "Many-Worlds interpretation" that tries to make sense of Quantum Mechanics. It basically states that every possible outcome is actualized. If true, that would mean there is a universe that exists somewhere, where you are a billionaire and banging Kim Kardashian. It also means that there exists a very real universe out there, where you are also suffer the most gruesome death imaginable.

EDIT: Many-Worlds Interpretation Link
                    Do you literally mean this stuff? That's like saying our life force is duplicated where our fate is changed/controlled/pre-determined?

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
                      I respect a man who understands his limits

lol'd

Comment

Working...
                      X