No announcement yet.

Keith Thurman - A mini David Haye?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keith Thurman - A mini David Haye?

First off, I know David Haye gets his fair share of stick on these forums. Some well deserved like his cherry picking of Audley Harrison, his ducking of the K bros in the late 00's and his excuse for losing to Wladimir Klitschko in 2011 - Even though he said he would have probably lost anyway. Some undeserved like his injuries leading up to the Fury fight that never took place.

I think we can all agree that when David Haye was on his game, which in fairness, we didn't see much of late in his heavyweight career, he was a pretty entertaining and devastating fighter. We saw this in his fights against Chisora, against Enzo Mac, Mormeck and to some extent Monte Barrett.

Let's put the criticism to the side for a moment. Because when he was on form, he was quick, moved from side to side and threw punches with bad intentions from both hands.

When I watched Keith Thurman against Jesus Soto-Karass I noticed the similarity between that performance and Haye's performance vs Chisora. For Thurman, I think he moved a lot more than he usually does, he looked to be concentrating throughout the whole fight and used his skills a lot more than he did previously, against Chaves for once.

Other than that, they share the same hairstyle.

Did anyone else notice this similarity?

It's been mentioned a few times, but yeah he is a mini-Haye in style, right down to the iffy defence, but the good thing is he's not afraid to take risks in terms of making fights.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      First off, I know David Haye gets his fair share of stick on these forums. Some well deserved like his cherry picking of Audley Harrison, his ducking of the K bros in the late 00's and his excuse for losing to Wladimir Klitschko in 2011 - Even though he said he would have probably lost anyway. Some undeserved like his injuries leading up to the Fury fight that never took place.

I think we can all agree that when David Haye was on his game, which in fairness, we didn't see much of late in his heavyweight career, he was a pretty entertaining and devastating fighter. We saw this in his fights against Chisora, against Enzo Mac, Mormeck and to some extent Monte Barrett.

Let's put the criticism to the side for a moment. Because when he was on form, he was quick, moved from side to side and threw punches with bad intentions from both hands.

When I watched Keith Thurman against Jesus Soto-Karass I noticed the similarity between that performance and Haye's performance vs Chisora. For Thurman, I think he moved a lot more than he usually does, he looked to be concentrating throughout the whole fight and used his skills a lot more than he did previously, against Chaves for once.

That's because he fought Soto-Karass - a Margarito type, never backing down kind of fighter.

If there is a fighter who's similiar to Haye it's George Groves IMO.

Or maybe, at least, he looked like Haye in his last fight. But, you know, with balls.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef99 View Post
        That's because he fought Soto-Karass - a Margarito type, never backing down kind of fighter.

If there is a fighter who's similiar to Haye it's George Groves IMO.

Or maybe, at least, he looked like Haye in his last fight. But, you know, with balls.
        Perhaps. I'm just explaining my observation.

I knew someone would come with a swipe.

But Groves didn't have to fight someone 40 pounds heavier and 4 inches taller. But yes, since they had the same trainer for a long time, they seem a lot alike.

But i'll leave that there.

Comment

Yes and Groves

Hands real low, reflexes, power and lack of defense

Comment

They are both good fighters and hard punchers but so are many other boxers. I see lots of differences. Haye is a huge bragger and often a liar and a bull****er who does not always do what he promised to do. Thurman is not much of a bragger and he always does what he says he will do. Haye trash talks his opponents often for no reason and in bad taste. Thurman does not do that and treats his opponents with respect. Haye often fights dirty with rabbit punches. Thurman fights clean. Haye is a very hard puncher and often gets the KO with very few punches required. Thurman hits very hard too but he throws many more punches per round than Haye.

Comment

Yea I could see that. The way they throw their punches especially, and their styles.

Comment

Thats what i thought when i saw him bounce around against karass.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post

Sorry, i'm still laughing.

Edit: Yes, he looks good. I like his movement.

Comment

No, Thurman is actually good.

Comment

Working...
                    X