No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mollo Says Szpilka Will Never Make it To Next Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mollo Says Szpilka Will Never Make it To Next Fight

On the 1st of February in Chicago, heavyweight prospect Artur Szpilka (12-0, 9 KOs) will face well known American veteran Mike Mollo (20-3, 12 KOs).

Mollo is really looking forward to the fight, because he loves to fight in front of a Polish crowd. There is already talk that Szpilka will look to make a quick turnaround against fellow unbeaten Krzysztof Zimnoch on the big February 23rd event in Poland, which is going to feature the return of Andrew Golota in the main event against comebacking Przemyslaw Saleta. [Click Here To Read More]

Szpilka should get past Mollo, but he may have a problem beating Zimnoch, who has a lot of amateur experience including a win over Deontay Wilder.

Comment

i agree with mollo...he is not fighting 3 weeks later in poland

mollo has been inactive the last year but he has taken on much bigger men in golota & mccline. mollo is small but he comes to fight much like a jason gavern. he's a good journeyman & from what i have seen of szpilka(7 fights including mccline) i'm not even going to say he's going to beat mollo. he is injury prone so far & had his jaw broken by mccline(mccline may be done but he's got power still). i give him props for beating mccline but the saulsberry fight is what i took notice of. he got dropped by a tomato can(big guy so maybe a fluke). wilder got dropped by sconiers but at least sconiers was a known trialhorse. i think szpilka needs to concentrate on the mollo fight or pull the pin & wait for the golota card 3 weeks later. he's had some time off with injuries so mollo could be too big a step up.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
        mollo has been inactive the last year but he has taken on much bigger men in golota & mccline. mollo is small but he comes to fight much like a jason gavern. he's a good journeyman & from what i have seen of szpilka(7 fights including mccline) i'm not even going to say he's going to beat mollo. he is injury prone so far & had his jaw broken by mccline(mccline may be done but he's got power still). i give him props for beating mccline but the saulsberry fight is what i took notice of. he got dropped by a tomato can(big guy so maybe a fluke). wilder got dropped by sconiers but at least sconiers was a known trialhorse. i think szpilka needs to concentrate on the mollo fight or pull the pin & wait for the golota card 3 weeks later. he's had some time off with injuries so mollo could be too big a step up.
        It had more to do with a 300lb guy rushing him and falling on him rather than being put down from a punch. Any possible chin question from that were erased by his display against Mccline in my mind.

Mollo can be outboxed and Szpilka has the tools to do that but also has a tendancy in the past to get drawn into slugging it out which Mollo is well suited to bringing out in people. If Mollo is in good shape and Szpilka fights stupid anything is possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
          It had more to do with a 300lb guy rushing him and falling on him rather than being put down from a punch. Any possible chin question from that were erased by his display against Mccline in my mind.

Mollo can be outboxed and Szpilka has the tools to do that but also has a tendancy in the past to get drawn into slugging it out which Mollo is well suited to bringing out in people. If Mollo is in good shape and Szpilka fights stupid anything is possible.
          a 300lbs man could knock anyone off balance & his chin is pretty good from taking the mccline punch. i just hope he isn't looking ahead to the golota card...

Comment

I remember watching Mollo knock out Kevin McBride on an Adamek undercard.

He's not much though. He'll get beaten pretty easily.

I'd love to see the upset since I am a Chicago guy and Mollo is from here but I gotta be realistic.

Comment

Working...
            X