No announcement yet.

Who's greater? Froch or Calzaghe?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MeanestNiceGuy View Post
    Nope. Was RJJ as past it, as Duran was for the Joppy fight? Im not saying that Joe is an all-time great, but he's highly regarded, compared to Froch.

Froch's resume still has a lot of time left on it, before he can be considered great. Fighters get noticed for fighting great fighters (with names) with one foot out of the door, Froch hasn't done that yet.

Do I like Joe? Hell no. Is he more recognized than Froch right now? Yes
    So Trevor Berbick must be one of the greatest HW's of all time then?

After all, there's not many people who can boast a win over Muhammad Ali on their resume.

Comment

Nope. Was RJJ as past it, as Duran was for the Joppy fight? Im not saying that Joe is an all-time great, but he's highly regarded, compared to Froch.

Froch's resume still has a lot of time left on it, before he can be considered great. Fighters get noticed for fighting great fighters (with names) with one foot out of the door, Froch hasn't done that yet.

Do I like Joe? Hell no. Is he more recognized than Froch right now? Yes
      Cause Froch fights them when they still have both feet in the room.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        and how often are the books wrong? not give him credit for a fight that he clearly lost.
        Trust me, I don't want to give him any credit for that "win", but its hard to argue with what's already in black and white.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

After all, there's not many people who can boast a win over Muhammad Ali on their resume.
          I wouldn't call him the greatest HW of all time for beating a damn-near 40 year old Ali.

Originally posted by Aztec Wanker View Post
          Cause Froch fights them when they still have both feet in the room.
          I agree, but we have to see what Froch's opponents become in the future. Joe fought those guys that were already established, or even had one foot out of the door.

Comment

I wouldn't call him the greatest HW of all time for beating a damn-near 40 year old Ali..
            Do you consider Ali a good win for Berbick?

Comment

Froch

And heres why

Because Froch lost to Ward

So If Americans say Froch is better, then Ward>Froch>Calzaghe

and they can discredit calzaghe as such

any questions?

Comment

I wouldn't call him the greatest HW of all time for beating a damn-near 40 year old Ali.
                Nor would I. I'd call it worthless.

Just like I would call it worthless for Calzaghe beating a 40 year old Roy Jones.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                  Froch

And heres why

Because Froch lost to Ward

So If Americans say Froch is better, then Ward>Froch>Calzaghe

and they can discredit calzaghe as such

any questions?
                  You're annoying af with this anti-american bias. No one's even brought that mess up in this thread and you're ruining a thread where we're having a decent discussion.

Comment

Nor would I. I'd call it worthless.

Just like I would call it worthless for Calzaghe beating a 40 year old Roy Jones.
                    Remember, RJJ had just beat Tito months before that...though Tito was fighting at a higher weight, and was past it. Too bad Roy looked so good in that fight...he actually gave the public some hope. That's what made Joe's victory seem that much greater...because people thought Roy had enough left in the tank.
                    Originally posted by Aztec Wanker View Post
                    Do you consider Ali a good win for Berbick?
                    No...didn't I just say that the dude was almost 40? Not everybody functions well at those ages in boxing.

Comment

Age is just a number.

Hopkins was still very good when he was in with Joe, not shot like Ali when Berbick fought him.

Let's not forget B-Hop schooled the then-highly-regarded Kelly Pavlik afterwards, and later defeated Jean Pascal, one of Froch's best wins.

Comment

Working...
                      X