Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doug Fisher: PAC-JMM @ 147 is a disgraceful mismatch. Marquez should fight Morales...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlowMe! View Post
    You don't make any sense. If Pacquiao "belongs" at 135, why is he putting himself at a disadvantage by fighting at 147, should we be giving him more credit than we have?
    I meant jmm should stay at 135, my bad

Comment

Originally posted by Republica View Post
      WHAT'S NEXT?

Dougie,
      What a performance!! I was against a Pacquaio-Marquez third match until I saw that AMAZING Fight of the Year!!! Katsidis pushed Marquez to
      greatness!!! -- Joe, Columbus Ohio

I’d tell you to settle down, but Marquez deserves all the accolades and enthusiasm he’s received after yet another breath-taking performance. However, I have to remind you that Marquez’s best recent performances (his late-rounds TKOs of Joel Casamayor, Juan Diaz and Katsidis) took place at lightweight and he was either just narrowly ahead or dead even on the scorecards at the time of the stoppages.

At 135 pounds, Pacquiao-Marquez III is a fight for the ages. At 140 pounds Marquez would be at a distinct disadvantage against his Filipino rival. At 147 pounds, I think the fight is a disgraceful mismatch.

I don’t think Freddie Roach or Bob Arum will allow Pacquiao to weigh-in lighter than 144 pounds to fight Marquez. If I were advising JMM I’d have him pass on Pacquiao at welterweight and fight Erik Morales at 135 or 140 pounds. I don’t agree with the pundits who slam this potential fight. If El Terrible beats Jorge Barrios he’ll have proven to me that he’s got enough left to make a fight out of a Marquez showdown. I think the two Mexican veterans would put on a good show. Morales has too much pride not to put forth a gallant effort against a fighter than many (myself included) believe he ducked.

http://www.ringtv.com/blog/2561/doug...rquez_mailbag/
      this might be true, (not the 135, I don't think Manny can make 135) 140 would be a really nice fight, and I'm inclined to believe the styles will clash well enough at 143/144, seeing as how Marquez weighed 145 on fight night and Pacquiao wouldn't weigh more than 147/148 on fight night.

Comment

pacs next fight is 147, arum has said so. JMM gets killed worse at 147 then at 140. shanes old, bring on berto

Comment

Originally posted by Swazye510 View Post
          Huh... I dont get you?
          dougie fischer loves manny, and trains himself at the wild card gym.

when dougie fischer is this critical of manny, you know that means pac is REALLY trying to pull one over.

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
            dougie fischer loves manny, and trains himself at the wild card gym.

when dougie fischer is this critical of manny, you know that means pac is REALLY trying to pull one over.
            oh I didnt know that about fischer? Its good to know

Comment

What King? A catchweight King?
              The catchweight KING that sent Floyd to Vacation.

Comment

Originally posted by rican411 View Post
                JMMs gonna fight Juanma Lopez and lose, as huge underdog.
                juanma has zero chance against jmm.
                get it thru your head

Comment

What King? A catchweight King?
                  Manny a Catchweight King?! Right?! Mayweather make Hatton and Marquez a much smaller guys to fight him at welterweight?! Thats a F@cking Disgrace! Atleast Pacquiao is the smaller man challenging bigger guys and beating them Catchweight or not... unlike Mayweather who avoided fighting bigger guys that could potentially hurt him and beat him up. WHAT A BIG JOKE, GENIUS!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X