Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Top Rank also had interest in signing Khan, who do you think....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Blobby View Post
    He'd be more protected at Top Rabk, GBP seem to chuck their prsopects in at the deep end. It doesn't make buisness sense but it's great for us fans.
    This is how I see it apart from a couple of boxers like Margarito and Cotto who take more risks than most of the Top Rank stable.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
      GBP has protected khan well after the ortiz quit against maidana. they have been very cautious with khan's matchmaking. As of this point, I would say there is no real advantage to pick one or the other.

he would've fought a lot more mexicans.

i doubt it. khan is gbp's flagship right now. also khan wants wifebeater jr and if he signs with top rank he won't get wifebeater.
      Khan and Pac are both trained by Roach and Freddie has some say on who both guys fight. Gee, what a coincedence.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
        Top Rank and GBP are hand in hand in that area
        How?

He fought Paulie in his first fight in the US when a lot of fans said he would lose and Paulie was better than anyone on his resume.

Now he's fighting Marcos who people said would KO Khan and Khan was afraid of him. GBP does not protect their fighters like TR. GBP puts them in tough fights unlike TR.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta Lives View Post
          Khan and Pac are both trained by Roach and Freddie has some say on who both guys fight. Gee, what a coincedence.
          Roach is just his trainer. Khan, his team, and GBP decide who he fights.

Comment

Working...
          X