No announcement yet.

your Chin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• your Chin

ever taken a big punch and took it well and thought to yourself yeah i have a pretty decent chin i took that well, then you get punched some time later and feel that your chin is pretty weak? iv taken some big blows and walked through them, iv also taken some blows which have made me dizzy and put my confidence down a bit how do you guys feel about your chin?

Originally posted by jamiegeorge91 View Post
    ever taken a big punch and took it well and thought to yourself yeah i have a pretty decent chin i took that well, then you get punched some time later and feel that your chin is pretty weak? iv taken some big blows and walked through them, iv also taken some blows which have made me dizzy and put my confidence down a bit how do you guys feel about your chin?
    when my chick hit me, i walk through them and think ive a decent chin; but when a bigger boxer i spar with hit me big time, even with gloves and headgear, i felt that my chin is pretty weak.

Comment

I have been hit with some pretty good punches by guys a few weightclasses above me, some months back i got pretty dizzy for a few seconds when a guy at about 155-160 lbs hit me with a good overhand right to the back of the head but i managed to keep away until my head cleared. I rarely get hurt when i fight guys my own weight so i guess a got an ok chin.

Comment

ive been stun a few times always by a shot i didnt see. never been down ever tho even tho i wanted to take a knee after a body shot once. that hurt lol i felt it for 2 rounds. i feel my chin pretty good. ive fought in weight classes against guys taller and outweigh me by 15 20 pounds. ive sparred pro heavyweights and taken their punches. really the shots that stunned me werent even big guys usually a fast slick guy. but nothing i cant handle

Comment

I'm not a great boxer but that i can brag on, i have never been rocked in my life, never stunned, never hurt. And i'm a heavyweight, so i spar mostly other heavyweights and cruiser weights.

Sometimes i see a little "flash" that lasts a fraction of a second when i take a hard punch, but never more than that.

But i'm touching wood, cause anybody can get knocked out and i know it will happen to me someday even though i just spar and don't compete.

In all honesty i think a big part of being able to take a punch is mental. For the rest i suppose it's about how your neck and head are made. Personally i got a pretty short neck for a big guy and i have been doing some exercises to strenghten my neck since i started boxing.

The only times i have been hurt were to the body, more specifically the solar plexus, i think a well placed hard shot there will hurt anybody.
          Last edited by Equilibrium; 11-10-2010, 12:35 AM.

Comment

you just have to know how to handle yourself when hit by a good shot. and like above you have to build your neck as well as your legs. build a good foundation and try to see every shot comming.

Comment

Originally posted by Equilibrium View Post
              Sometimes i see a little "flash" that lasts a fraction of a second when i take a hard punch, but never more than that.
              Yeah I get that flash aswell, like your whole vision goes white (with loads of grey/black dots usually) for a tiny amount of time and then you are fine again, the hardest I ever got hit was by a southpaw straight left about 2/3 weightclasses above me but I was pretty happy with how I took it.

In all honesty i think a big part of being able to take a punch is mental.
              Definately! I was having a really bad sparring session the other week, it was the first time back in the gym after 2 or 3 weeks and Id had **** all sleep, sparred like **** and mentally I was completely off, walked into a right hook (from a different southpaw) that wasnt even that hard and I ended up almost tumbling over, I think it was mostly a balance issue but I was also left wondering what the hell happened to my chin.

The only times i have been hurt were to the body, more specifically the solar plexus, i think a well placed hard shot there will hurt anybody.
              Yeah most head shots can be shrugged off, you register them but then get on with it, getting hit in the body hard leaves a lingering pain and takes a massive dump on your stamina, I hate them.

Comment

Working...
              X