Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Think GGG vs Charlo Could Do 250K PPV, Better Than JACOBS

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I doubt it. If recent trends showed us anything it's that there's a cap on the viewership of PPVs that do not have the X factor. That X factor is either a huge name or crossover marketability. A lesser X factor is the quality of the matchup.

Canelo vs. lesser opponents sells ~300k, even though he has a big name.
    Kovalev vs Ward sells ~160-200k, a P4P fight with 2 undefeated fighters, but without big names.
    Golovkin vs. Lemieux/Jacobs sells ~150-200k despite Golovkin's popularity.

I'd expect Charlo-Golovkin to fall within the same 150-200k range. He'll never be a huge PPV star - he doesn't have the time nor the right nationality. He'll continue being a great B side and someone who can continue headlining mid-budget PPVs

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
      I doubt it. If recent trends showed us anything it's that there's a cap on the viewership of PPVs that do not have the X factor. That X factor is either a huge name or crossover marketability. A lesser X factor is the quality of the matchup.

Canelo vs. lesser opponents sells ~300k, even though he has a big name.
      Kovalev vs Ward sells ~160-200k, a P4P fight with 2 undefeated fighters, but without big names.
      Golovkin vs. Lemieux/Jacobs sells ~97-200k despite Golovkin's popularity.

I fixed the 97K for you. Either way there's a hyphen so don't feel offended..

besides, Canadians can buy PPV from HBO easily, that countries infrastructure is consolidated with the USA.

in other words, what was the last Canadian PPV fight you recall? In Combat sports, how many Canadian stars are there aside from PPV, either in the UFC or other?

The point is, Canadians are 2nd in watching what the USA watches, practically. Therefore, if Lemieux already had fans cheering, and Canadians cheered for their boxers at stadiums, then COMMON SENSE tells you most of the PPV buys from Lemieux vs Golovkin were Canadian, buyers rooting for their guy.

But HBO wouldn't release those metrics...

To conclude, Lemieux strategically doesn't credit from those that know, who the metrics, and many casual fans don't know that HBO PPV buys from Canada are consolidated and considered ''North American.'' So it doesn't matter if it was 97K or 150K, most of that if not all was Lemieux buyers.

Even better, just wait till Alvarez vs Lemieux happens. If it does more than 800K buys, this proves the theory to be correct as the Canadians will feel enticed to be the underdogs. You'll see.

The best part is what will Golovkin's PPV do next without the other bigger stars.

Do you think GGg vs Charlo can do 200K+? I think so,

Loeffler shouldnt feel bad if GBP doesnt pick GGG for May but rather for Sept. OR, if Loeffler can attempt a venture with Warren against DeGale.

Or how about Jacobs vs GGG in the UK? A neutral zone to test UK fans for a headliner that's not British under Matchroom with HBO loving the idea. Let's the O2 or Wembley and see how much firepower Hearn can do with cheap sale tickets just to pack the house for foreign fighters?

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd's Mask View Post
        I fixed the 97K for you. Either way there's a hyphen so don't feel offended..

besides, Canadians can buy PPV from HBO easily, that countries infrastructure is consolidated with the USA.

in other words, what was the last Canadian PPV fight you recall? In Combat sports, how many Canadian stars are there aside from PPV, either in the UFC or other?

The point is, Canadians are 2nd in watching what the USA watches, practically. Therefore, if Lemieux already had fans cheering, and Canadians cheered for their boxers at stadiums, then COMMON SENSE tells you most of the PPV buys from Lemieux vs Golovkin were Canadian, buyers rooting for their guy.

But HBO wouldn't release those metrics...

To conclude, Lemieux strategically doesn't credit from those that know, who the metrics, and many casual fans don't know that HBO PPV buys from Canada are consolidated and considered ''North American.'' So it doesn't matter if it was 97K or 150K, most of that if not all was Lemieux buyers.

Even better, just wait till Alvarez vs Lemieux happens. If it does more than 800K buys, this proves the theory to be correct as the Canadians will feel enticed to be the underdogs. You'll see.

The best part is what will Golovkin's PPV do next without the other bigger stars.

Do you think GGg vs Charlo can do 200K+? I think so,

Loeffler shouldnt feel bad if GBP doesnt pick GGG for May but rather for Sept. OR, if Loeffler can attempt a venture with Warren against DeGale.

Or how about Jacobs vs GGG in the UK? A neutral zone to test UK fans for a headliner that's not British under Matchroom with HBO loving the idea. Let's the O2 or Wembley and see how much firepower Hearn can do with cheap sale tickets just to pack the house for foreign fighters?
        Thanks for putting 97k in the first sentence, didn't read the rest. Was giving you the benefit of the doubt that for once you're not trolling and was wrong.

Comment

I’m still not sold that Charlo can beat Golovkin. He will be just as cautious as when he fought Jacobs or Canelo, and take less damage..

The X-Factor in GGg va Charlo isn’t power, it’s the experience. Golovkin will capitalize on Jermall’s mistakes, and expect Charlo to lose 10% of his speed at 160...regardless if he’s a big dude. I thought BooBoo was a bit slower against Fox vs his or previous bouts...

I think the state of Texas and PPV probability will beat the tri-state area numbers.

You’ve also got many new media YouTube channels that are pro Charlo... many will want Charlo to beat GGg. Also put an enticing co-main and it’s a green for PPV.

If K2 does those numbers then both will acknowledge the bigger pot come Sept.

Don’t worry Lil’G fans, Gennady won’t lose. You should be pro this idea.

Cause he gotta see someone on HBO be it Jacobs again or Andrade. Charlo is the safest bet.

Alvarez will knock out Lil’G next time, so don’t worry about the next meet as well. This way GGg can make some good money before losing in Sept.

Man when Lara moves up Middleweight is going to be carnage!!!!!! Blap blap blap
          Lara isn't going to move up, he got big fights with Hurd and Jermell coming up.

Doesn't matter if GGG fights cautious or not, Charlo's style and abilities are all wrong for him, he'll get dismantled and stopped by Charlo. Also you're wrong, sure he fought an injured bum, but that was the healthiest and quickest I've seen Charlo. He isn't losing anything at middleweight. Also, unlike Andrade, Charlo didn't move up to duck dangerous fighters at 154, he moved up naturally because his body was ready for the move.

Canelo could easily beat GGG if he had stamina, he's certainly way more skilled. However, ifs and buts don't count, fact is, he doesn't have stamina, which puts him at a disadvantage.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            It wouldn't matter how much experience Jermall had. GGG would knock him out because he is a natural born better fighter and harder puncher. Jermall's big win is Williams who isn't very good. Jermall needed 4 rounds to KO a crippled boxer GGG would have KOed in less than a round. Jermall just barely beat Trout and never hurt him. Jermall is not all that. GGG would not be cautious against Jermall. He would walk right through him. Let's see Jermall against a good middleweight like Jacobs, Lemieux or Saunders and see how special he is or isn't.
            Tiple bum failed to stop chinny bum like Jacobs but somehow he gon stop Charlo?

Gtfoh!

Comment

Doesn’t Texas have more unfit TV sports enthusiast watchers than the tri state? And population size makes a difference?
              Yeah that is true, but I'm from Texas and nobody here knows the Charlos like that.

Comment

Personally I don't even think it's a ppv fight!

I don't think Golovkin can get carry a ppv just yet, I think he's nearly there, if he could rematch Canelo and beat him, or better stop him than that would definitely push him over the top. Meaning he would become a ppv fighter no matter the opponent.

Comment

Lol. Times are changing bro. DontaesboxingNation and Egoboxing have 100K subs, that’s 200k influence for word of mouth to be pro-Charlo. Times are changing and new media helps influence. Combine Gennady’s 30K PPV buys and 170k buys (for those who want to see Charlo win).

I say 30K because the non disclosure to the public even though it’s common sense domain,but the 96K came From canadian PPV buys. I would like to know what the Canadian PPV pricing was. Those metrics are consolidated with the USA buys. K2 doesn’t present the real North American buys because that means those Canadian buys were for Lemieux.
                  Sorry Bruva, but subscribers don’t mean anything - those thugs can have one million subs, yet their fans still can’t afford PPV. I’ve read that Triple Flop went to Mexico to gain fans; since a lot of Mexicans are idiots and fell for that crap, Triple Flop just gained a **** load of new fans. This fight will do at least 500k- 1 mil now. Thanks to those gullible Mexicans.
                  Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
                  wtf is wrong with you?
                  Hey thugster, come catch this fade. Phuck you and your 1991 Windows PC

Comment

Originally posted by TainoGodCanelo View Post
                    Sorry Bruva, but subscribers don’t mean anything - those thugs can have one million subs, yet their fans still can’t afford PPV. I’ve read that Triple Flop went to Mexico to gain fans; since a lot of Mexicans are idiots and fell for that crap, Triple Flop just gained a **** load of new fans. This fight will do at least 500k- 1 mil now. Thanks to those gullible Mexicans.

Hey thugster, come catch this fade. Phuck you and your 1991 Windows PC

Comment

GGG will not fight Charlo before Canelo rematch.Charlo would be tough fight and not enough money.GGG has got a lot of new fans from last fight so I think he can do around 250-300 with Charlo or Jacobs rematch but he don't want either until he gets another BIG payday.But with him(and his team) talking about being ducked though his whole career I am little disappointed that he wont even say D J name.I mean I understand he wants Canelo and the money that goes with it but once rematch is done(if he wins)I want to see him fight the only other guy to give him a fight(DJ) or at least Charlo.Otherwise I think it will say a lot about GGG.The guy now has some tough fighter's waiting for him so I hope he takes the tough fights after he makes his money(if again he wins which is no sure thing)

Comment

Working...
                      X