Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can somebody explain why Andre Ward lost rounds to Arthur Abraham?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
    Since doing a less impressive job on froch than old, blown up jermain Taylor did for 11 and a half rounds, and giving a weight drained Chad Dawson his second lop sided schooling, Ward has gained god like status on the internets, and would now dominate and ko calzaghe early doors.

I just can't understand how a limited, plodding midget like Abraham managed to win at least 4 rounds against a man who would toy with a fighter like calzaghe who is absolute levels above Abraham, can you explain that to me

Here's some ideas, Ward was "green" against Abraham, Ward "had a cold"

or you could just start hurling abuse, that always works

ward is a G, winner of the super 6, undeniably the best fighter at 168. Haters can hate, he has proven himself the best.

Comment

Because Abraham is a good fighter and current 168 WBO world champion...not a bum.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Tyson77 View Post
        Because Abraham is a good fighter and current 168 WBO world champion...not a bum.
        Context, my dear boy, context

Comment

3 people that ward fought have already gone on to become champ again. more than the great calzaghe. calzaghe was great at beating former champs who were washed up and no longer relevant. calzaghe was the last stop before retirement for most. when you got the call to fight calzaghe you knew you were no longer viable as a legit fighter and had to face the slappy music.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            3 people that ward fought have already gone on to become champ again. more than the great calzaghe. calzaghe was great at beating former champs who were washed up and no longer relevant. calzaghe was the last stop before retirement for most. when you got the call to fight calzaghe you knew you were no longer viable as a legit fighter and had to face the slappy music.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              I know right, Hopkins was well shot, all he could do was beat two ring champions after, and Kessler only won the wba and wbc titles, so ****.

Calzaghe was a joke, if he was American he'd be a journeyman club fighter because he wouldn't even beat most Americans on the club circuit

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                I know right, Hopkins was well shot, all he could do was beat two ring champions after, and Kessler only won the wba and wbc titles, so ****.

Calzaghe was a joke, if he was American he'd be a journeyman club fighter because he wouldn't even beat most Americans on the club circuit
                calzaghe didn't even beat hopkins and yes he beat kessler good job. anyone else relevant? no. if calzaghe was american he would have been scared of driving so he still wouldn't be able to fight anyone.

Comment

Pitching a shut out is not easy and Abraham isn't a bad fighter. He's slow as hell but hits like a mule.

Abraham looked good for three rounds. Then after that he couldn't do crap until the last round.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    Simply styles make fights...And here comes my insult:

At least Ward actually fought Froch and Dawson, who Calzaghe opted to duck in favor of Roy Jones Jr.
                    Damn. Ether.

Comment

Simply styles make fights.

Ward beat Kessler better than Calzaghe did.

And here comes my insult:

At least Ward actually fought Froch and Dawson, who Calzaghe opted to duck in favor of Roy Jones Jr.
                      Ward is a very good fighter, get used to the Ward>Calzaghe argument. Ward has proven himself way early in his career, while Calzaghe left us wanting more and questioning him in some match-ups.

While Calzaghe left us confused as to why he didn't fight certain fighters, Ward has us confused as to who could beat him, cause he's already fought every body.

Comment

Working...
                      X