Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ronnie Shields: Lara's Style is His Style - I Won't Change it For Critics!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
    why should expending energy unnecessarily, and offering your opponent opportunities, be rewarded?

they used to be bad things, that were coached out of bad fighters

why should the rules be changed to benefit limited fighters..... who are not that "effective"?
    nuff said nice post

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
      He doesn't have to change his style, as long as the judge's keep giving his opponent's the rounds for outworking him - then that's fine.

Boxing used to be if the guy who moved backwards didn't score a knockdown - he lost the round. We need to go back to that style of judging; otherwise, the sport will remain marginal. Nobody cares about Lara outside of the internet nerd crowd on here.

He lost to Canelo - plain and simple.
      Possibly the dumbest comment i have ever read. So every boxer should just keep walking forward like a ****** even though he is getting absolutely battered and his opponent is slapping the **** out of him in there... he is still winning rounds ? Then GGG would be unbeatable i guess

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
        His style is great. If Lara worked a little bit harder tho he could've finished off gausha, instead of keep boxing him at a slow pace. Gausha was the one who made the fight boring, but Lara could've finished it but didnt
        good post but I'm not sure he could have stopped him without being almost a diff fighter

Comment

Possibly the dumbest comment i have ever read. So every boxer should just keep walking forward like a ****** even though he is getting absolutely battered and his opponent is slapping the **** out of him in there... he is still winning rounds ? Then GGG would be unbeatable i guess
          yea and even he was real leary of danny j right hand

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
            Fine, but then don't whine when he doesn't get the big fights.

this is actually the best post.....

1) let him fight however he wants, the game needs all styles

2) if you don't like it, then don't watch..... that is on him

3) lets not change the rules to favor fighters who are not good enough to prevent themselves being outboxed/outclassed by better fighters

you rule-changers should stick to club fights..... more "action"..... more KO's..... and you see plenty of good scraps if the guys are evenly-matched

but don't expect A-class guys to drop their skills or fight to their opponents strengths

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
              Fine, but then don't whine when he doesn't get the big fights.
              And dont whine when he gets offered what he's worth either

In terms of popularity, he's basically an undercard fighter

Comment

His style is great. If Lara worked a little bit harder tho he could've finished off gausha, instead of keep boxing him at a slow pace. Gausha was the one who made the fight boring, but Lara could've finished it but didnt

fair call, and not a new criticism

like cell8 said..... that is on him, and will cost him at the gate

he would be less-effective standing in front of his opponents..... and would not win, so would not be a draw anyways

Comment

He shouldn't! It is up to his opponents to figure out how to beat him not up to him to dumb down his Cuban Skills

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                    why should expending energy unnecessarily, and offering your opponent opportunities, be rewarded?

they used to be bad things, that were coached out of bad fighters

why should the rules be changed to benefit limited fighters..... who are not that "effective"?
                    I'm not necessarily saying it should or shouldn't be changed. But I for sure think boxing should reconsider all the rules periodically & consider changes to make the sport more entertaining for fans & scoring aggression more the specifically only effective aggression is one of those ways.

The sport has been shaped already towards certain styles or fighting attributes benefitting more than other styles & attributes so I don't see a problem with switching things up in the future for any reason.

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
                      ..... if the guy who moved backwards didn't score a knockdown - he lost the round. .....

this is how Adelaide Byrd scored.....

if the guy moving forwards is not effective, then he is being outboxed - he lost the round.

you are suggesting a reverse-Byrd, because of your preference in styles

MOST old-school judges would prefer Byrd's approach

I just think she was watching Canelo too much, most likely because she favors/scores for the boxer over the puncher/pressure-fighter, unless the pressure-fighter is actually being effective..... she missed some of what Golovkin was doing, and that could be because his known strengths/tactics were not that evident

Comment

Working...
                      X