Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here's an idea to make Thurman more marketable for Floyd.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Richard Schaefer would never let that happen. lol

Comment

Why are ya'll hyping Thurman up so much? he hasn't beaten anyone worth mentioning and is still basically a prospect

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
        So you're suggesting he has to go on a little winning streak?

In the meantime, who does Floyd fight then?

Thurman is a huge talent but not ready for Floyd yet

Comment

Originally posted by sugarsmosley View Post
          because floyd is about the money, and fighting khan would get him lots of money. if khan loses again especially if he gets kod, the fights scrapped. fighting thurman could get him hurt, and a floyd-thurman fight is obviously not marketable to gbp. or else they would be moving keith faster by now
          But then who's next? You just said Khan is a cash cow right? That's why I suggested Thurman should fight him. If he beats the cash cow, like how Maidana beat Broner, then Thurman would get some of that shine.

It's common sense.

And again. What if Khan loses to whoever he fights? The winner of that fight would get Floyd, even if it's a guy like Collazo??? Eeeeew.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
            Why are ya'll hyping Thurman up so much? he hasn't beaten anyone worth mentioning and is still basically a prospect
            No one's hyping Thurman up. I'm saying, why shouldn't Khan have to earn the Floyd fight by fighting a Thurman or a Porter? It makes sense on so many levels.

Khan loses to a decent fighter, you just killed off Khan. And that decent fighter wouldn't be marketbale at all for Floyd. It would just be looked at as Khan being washed up for good.

If Khan beats a Thurman or Porter, the fight is bigger than ever. If he loses to a Thurman or a Porter, the fight would be looked as, Thurman or Porter being ready for Floyd (considering Thurman and Porter are the hottest WW's right now).

Also, either guy beating Khan would raise their stock a ton. Especially if it's on the under card of Floyd's PPV.

Comment

But here's a question. What if a Julio Diaz type beats him? Then we're stuck with a Julio Diaz type of fighter vs. Floyd?

That's so stupid.....
              I know is stupid man, but that's how it is, if maidana had not defeated broner we would have floyd khan by now, and we know that khan barely made it past diaz. besides with amir's chin, any fight is a risky fight for him, so, while another julio diaz type of fighter has a legit chance to beat him, thurman is a secure KO loss.

Comment

But then who's next? You just said Khan is a cash cow right? That's why I suggested Thurman should fight him. If he beats the cash cow, like how Maidana beat Broner, then Thurman would get some of that shine.

It's common sense.

And again. What if Khan loses to whoever he fights? The winner of that fight would get Floyd, even if it's a guy like Collazo??? Eeeeew.
                if khan loses again in general i think the floyd fight out the window. its a good fight i would like to see. thurman-khan

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                i think more people are excited to see him step it up, not neccesarily saying hes a world beater

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                  Thurman is a huge talent but not ready for Floyd yet
                  Thurman's as ready as he's ever gonna be. He's not gonna learn the secrets of boxing in a few fights. Beating Khan, the guy with the huge fan base, and the guy that can hype your own status up would be huge for a guy like Thurman, and it would help sell the fight.

It's basically Maidana/Broner all over again.

Is Maidana ready for Floyd? No. Would Thurman put up a better fight for Floyd? I damn sure think so.

Comment

Thurman's as ready as he's ever gonna be. He's not gonna learn the secrets of boxing in a few fights. Beating Khan, the guy with the huge fan base, and the guy that can hype your own status up would be huge for a guy like Thurman, and it would help sell the fight.

It's basically Maidana/Broner all over again.

Is Maidana ready for Floyd? No. Would Thurman put up a better fight for Floyd? I damn sure think so.
                    Fine then have him beat Khan but he is still not ready for Floyd. Floyd is a different level. Maidana been in the game already for awhile. For him its now or never. Thurman is barely finding his place and his groove

Comment

Thurman is nowhere near ready for a Floyd.fight. even beating Khan doesn't get him there imo

Comment

Working...
                      X