No announcement yet.

Antonio Margarito Would Demolish Manny Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antonio Margarito Would Demolish Manny Pacquiao

With the recent talks between Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao in silence and Bob Arum's need to get Pacquiao back in the ring in November, Mayweather may not be Manny's next opponent. In fact I would bet that he won't be.

However, it would would not bother me if they didn't meet later this year, because I believe it sets up one of the biggest upsets in boxing history.

Michael Konz, Manny Pacquiao's closest adviser, has gone on record stating that if Floyd backs out of the proposed November bout, Pacquiao's next fight would be a rematch with Miguel Cotto.

Now as much as I love Cotto i would not want to see him beaten again at the hands of the far superior Pacquiao.

The logical reason for a rematch in boxing is due to the fact that the bout was close, not a physical one sided beat down.

Here is the logical match that should happen now that Mosley seems to be done at 38, a fight with the Tijuana Tornado himself, Antonio Margarito. It is my belief that Margarito would stop Pacquiao inside of 11 rounds. Here are my reasons why.

Margarito stands at 5'11", while Manny stands at only 5'7." Size doesn't always matter, but in this case, it does.

Pacquiao has never faced a young, hard-hitting, hungry and taller man like he would face in Margarito. He will also be taking a dose of his own medicine because Pacquiao has become a relentless stalker similar to the bigger Margarito.

Also, Pacquiao has never taken body shots well. In fact, the two knock outs early in his career came by way of body punches. Now, remember that when Margarito beat the unbeaten Cotto, it was because he broke him down over time with body punches.

Now the final reason why Margarito would beat Pacquiao.

Manny is a great head hunter and tends to knock out all of his opponents at welterweight and lightweight with shots to the head. Remember, Margarito fought Paul Williams and barely lost. Williams is a fast southpaw and throws a thousand punches per fight much like Pacquiao, but he is also much taller.

Manny will land plenty of shots early, while coming forward but as the fight goes on Pacquiao will find his best punches are not affecting Margarito, and Margarito is hurting his body quite often.

Manny will begin to receive hits more often, with not only shots to the body but more shots upstairs until Roach throws in the towel.

So if Floyd does not want to fight this year, can we all agree that Antonio Margarito is the more logical choice than the man both he and Pacquiao have already beaten.

link

war Pacquio and i say this as a mexican

Comment

Just make sure no one sees the plaster and Margarito will come out of the fight with a KO victory, no worries.

Comment

I dont know man id love to say he would but after a really hard career i think Tony is on the downslide hed still be able to compete with the top dogs but Manny is probably to far ahead of him still be a good scrap

Comment

**** Margarito. That is all I have to say

Comment

Pacquiao is not Cotto or Pwill

Comment

Margarito has no license and he looked really really bad in his last fight. Dude had no power whatsoever and it makes you wonder.

Comment

I actually think this fight is a lot closer than most think. I see it being a 8-4 round win for Manny. FWIW I see this going the distance in a classic FOTY type of war.

Comment

Originally posted by braddman View Post
                  Margarito has no license and he looked really really bad in his last fight. Dude had no power whatsoever and it makes you wonder.
                  He got caught with bricks in his gloves. There's nothing to wonder about, The guy was only good because he cheated, You saw what happened in the Mosley fight when they stopped him from cheating. He looked like ****.

Comment

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
                    He got caught with bricks in his gloves. There's nothing to wonder about, The guy was only good because he cheated, You saw what happened in the Mosley fight when they stopped him from cheating. He looked like ****.
                    Did you see the end of his last fight? He looked like he did when he was about to get knocked out by Mosley. If it had been a puncher in there, he would have gone.

Comment

Working...
                    X