Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will this be effective for Pac against PBF?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pac123 View Post
    I was just referring to the combo itself vs floyd's D, it has nothing to do with Cotto. It just so happens that this gif I found is against Cotto.

I see Floyd easily picking off the first punch which is the jab, and the last punch which is the weird right hook to the head, with his shoulder. The second punch, straight left to the body has the best chance in connecting I think.

But then again all these happen so fast. Pac throws this combo in amazing speed. He could very well land all of them, or maybe none at all, who knows. This fight just needs to happen, period.
    True but everything is situational...Floyd might not stand in the center of the ring and wait on Pac...Floyd may not jus be stationery and try to block the punches...he could back off, move laterally, who knows...its a good combo tho...not a combo that would drop Floyd IMO...
    On a side note I think the pace of the fight really hurt Cotto too...he wasn't ready for that...he tried to fight fire with fire...

Only one way to find out about this fight...

Comment

Pac loves to throw this combo and I heard from an analyst on youtube that it could be a very effective weapon against Mayweather's unique defense.

Obviously it's going to take more than this one offensive move to defeat Floyd, but this particular 3-punch combo is interesting 'cos it seems suited for the shoulder-roll defense of Floyd's. I guess when it happens, it will be Pac's quickness to get inside to throw the combo VS Floyd's timing to counter Pac with a straight right which we all know is very accurate.

I favor Mayweather to win, but I hope Pac pulls it off though.
      Inneffective... simple as that

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRayRob View Post
        "Mayweather's chin is a million times better than Cotto's chin."

hey, you made a funny.

"but this particular 3-punch combo is interesting 'cos it seems suited for the shoulder-roll defense of Floyd's."

Floyd ain't gonna be shoulder rolling much against a southpaw.
        Have you watched much of Cotto's fights? He has been down and wobbled many times in his career, Floyd has seldom been wobbled and never down like Cotto. The only time Floyd was officially down was when he injured his hand and touched the canvas, and then unofficially when his glove touched the canvas in the Judah fight.. do your homework. Cotto is a great figher, but he has a weak chin on the highest levels of the sport.

Comment

Pac will break the **** out of floyds shoulder. best consider injecting xylocaine on those delts too.

Comment

Pac loves to throw this combo and I heard from an analyst on youtube that it could be a very effective weapon against Mayweather's unique defense.

Obviously it's going to take more than this one offensive move to defeat Floyd, but this particular 3-punch combo is interesting 'cos it seems suited for the shoulder-roll defense of Floyd's. I guess when it happens, it will be Pac's quickness to get inside to throw the combo VS Floyd's timing to counter Pac with a straight right which we all know is very accurate.

I favor Mayweather to win, but I hope Pac pulls it off though.
            With the way Floyd stands and the distance that Manny threw the combination from, I assume Manny would have took a left hook after the first missed jab. But let's say Floyd does not catch him with the left hook. Mayweather will surely catch him with the right hand after the second missed left hand to the body by Manny. Floyd could also throw the left hook there also. Either way, the first two punches of the sequence show a lunging off balanced fighter. Manny is going to have to be a lot better than that to get to Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by LRcie03 View Post
              Have you watched much of Cotto's fights? He has been down and wobbled many times in his career, Floyd has seldom been wobbled and never down like Cotto. The only time Floyd was officially down was when he injured his hand and touched the canvas, and then unofficially when his glove touched the canvas in the Judah fight.. do your homework. Cotto is a great figher, but he has a weak chin on the highest levels of the sport.
              Floyd's chin is a million times better than Cotto's? gtfo here u idiot.
              defense =/= chin.
              cotto has only been down to loaded gloves and pac.(torres was a push not a kd)
              so what judah rocked cotto..he rocked mayweather and tszyu aswell.
              forget about plaster hands, and even then it was more exhaustion than chin.
              corley rocked cotto AND mayweather.
              the fact is mayweather's defense is so good that his chin never really gets tested so to say his chin is million times better than cotto is just retarted.
              cotto is a come forward fighter so ofcourse his gonna get his chin tested alot..and if you remember he won the round he got rocked against corley and same with paulie (off balance) so to say his chin is weak is dumb.

Comment

Pac isnt gonna take the fight !! He is gonna retire or rfuse the test again...........................

He Knows Better

Comment

Floyd's chin is a million times better than Cotto's? gtfo here u idiot.
                  defense =/= chin.
                  cotto has only been down to loaded gloves and pac.(torres was a push not a kd)
                  so what judah rocked cotto..he rocked mayweather and tszyu aswell.
                  forget about plaster hands, and even then it was more exhaustion than chin.
                  corley rocked cotto AND mayweather.
                  the fact is mayweather's defense is so good that his chin never really gets tested so to say his chin is million times better than cotto is just retarted.
                  cotto is a come forward fighter so ofcourse his gonna get his chin tested alot..and if you remember he won the round he got rocked against corley and same with paulie (off balance) so to say his chin is weak is dumb.
                  Wow, in his fight with Torres, you say that he was pushed and not knocked down? Clearly you didn't watch the fight Bro.. no disrespect but go watch it again, Cotto was getting hit all over the ring, it was a war and Cotto was severely wobbled and knocked down MULTIPLE times, so it wasn't a "push".. In fact Lampley characterized the fight as analogous to Foreman vs. Lyle at 140 lbs.. did you watch that fight or just skim through it?

I agree with you that Floyd has taken less shots than Cotto, you make a good point, he he is a straight forward fighter, but Floyd has been in wars too where he has taken flush shots, and he takes a punch better than Cotto for sure. Cotto was hurt more in that Corley fight than Floyd and also against Augustus and Castillo Floyd was hit flush.

Comment

Wow, in his fight with Torres, you say that he was pushed and not knocked down? Clearly you didn't watch the fight Bro.. no disrespect but go watch it again,
                    just watched it again, and yes it was definately a push.

Cotto was severely wobbled and knocked down MULTIPLE times
                    Did you even watch the fight bro? it was 1 knockdown and it was a push.
                    Yes, cotto was wobbled multiple times as was torres, it was a war. but cotto definately was not knocked down, go rewatch the fight.

Comment

just watched it again, and yes it was definately a push.

Did you even watch the fight bro? it was 1 knockdown and it was a push.
                      Yes, cotto was wobbled multiple times as was torres, it was a war. but cotto definately was not knocked down, go rewatch the fight.
                      This clip does not show the 5-10 seconds before where Cotto was getting his ass handed to him. Also in the 6th round Lederman gave Torres an 10-8 round becuase he was beating Cotto, in the words of Merchant, "from pillar to post". My point is that Mayweather has never been in that kind of situation, and though that knock down was arguable, it was still a knockdown. Those clips are silly because it only shows what it wants people to see, you got to show that whole round and judge if that was a legit knockdown or not, the ref thought it was, so that is what we have.

Comment

Working...
                      X