No announcement yet.

Hatton or Pacman?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hatton or Pacman?

Lets just assume that the Pacman who fought Oscar turns up, and the hatton who fought Malignaggi turns up.

Who wins?

I think it's a lot closer than most people would be willing to admit.

You have to remember that Hatton, widely regarded as a one dimensional brawler, took Malignaggi to school, outboxing the boxer.

Pacman also took Oscar to school, choosing to outbox him from the outside.

On the outside, I think it's close. Ricky's deceptive speed will enable him to tag Manny a lot more often than people think he will, just as in the Paulie fight. Factor in Hatton's strength and power and Manny might be having some trouble.

Manny could also do some damage of his own on the outside, however. His left hand leads against Oscar were highly impressive, and Ricky "Headmovement" Hatton is going to struggle to get out of the way of these shots. Manny is a southpaw too, and Ricky doesn't like southpaws, something about him is less effective. If Manny can catch Ricky as he comes forward, he could generate more than enough power to cause Ricky some serious problems.

Inside, however, it's a different story.

Ricky should be able to outmuscle Manny on the inside, and dig some of his trademark hooks into Pacmans body.

It's a close one, but I think Ricky edges this one, probably by stoppage (I can't see it going the distance, both have good power and question marks hanging over their chins).
    Hatton by stoppage
    31.58%
    Manny by stoppage
    36.84%
    Hatton by decision
    26.32%
    Manny by decision
    5.26%

manny by tko/ko.

hatton will try to put up a fight but he'll take a beating.

mark my words.

people on here will be saying it looked like the pacquiao-diaz fight.

Comment

I got Pacquiao, quite possibly by stoppage, Hatton has improved with Mayweather Sr. but he hasn't improved that much and is still open on the way in, Malignaggi didn't have the power or the confidence or both to take advantage of it, and the punch that Hatton is most open to on the way in is a counter left hand which happens to be one of Pacquiao's best punches.

It'll be interesting to see if Pacquiao can deal with Hatton's strength on the inside though and it'll also be interesting to see how he deals with getting hit by Hatton.

Comment

I think Pac will be surprised at how strong Hatton is and lose, possibly by a stoppage. This has all the makings of a thriller though, and I can see both fighters tasting the canvas.

Comment

Hatton wins this. He's better than you think, and can change his style on the move.

Comment

Incidentally I full expect at least one person will post saying "PEOPLE ARE DOUBTING PACQUIAO LAMO". Just because we are picking the other guy does not mean that we are diminishing the ability of the other.

Comment

I think this is going to be a 1 round fight Pacman just taking it.

Poeple picking a PACman Ko should remember pacman is a SFW not a WW.

Comment

Hatton will shoot jizz in Manny's eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Naps View Post
                  Hatton will shoot jizz in Manny's eyes.
                  WAR HATTON!!!!

He will cut Manny down in a round with his mighty meat sword!

Comment

Hatton stops Pacquaio.

Comment

Working...
                    X