Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sullivan Barrera Explains Why He Rejected Sergey Kovalev Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So he's calling out Kovalev even after rejecting an offer?
    An offer which I think if fair considering their perceived market value.
    I think he'll be in a big disappointment once he discovers he's not worth the amount he thinks he is.

Comment

What part of the "if I beat kovalev they would not pay me more in the second fight". You don't understand?

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
        the same reason he ran a mile after ducking beterbiev, complaining about money and then pulled out of the fight and fought a bum for less money lmao
        U mean the joe smith guy that knock the poland and philly out of those 2 dudes.......O

Comment

People seem to be missing the point here.

The point here is that he was offered a rematch clause and if he won he would had still being paid the same **** money PLUS no belt on the line.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
            People seem to be missing the point here.

The point here is that he was offered a rematch clause and if he won he would had still being paid the same **** money PLUS no belt on the line.
            It's not **** money... I could of sworn he fought ward for 180k. Not sure what to believe with him anyways. He stated on Twitter he was offer 400 k and thought that was to little. Even 300 k and 300 k again if he won he won't get that money anywhere else.

Boxers need to put in the work. Beating unknowns won't get you any pay day. Most super star boxers put in the work and took short money to get big money. Feel like he sees haymon purses and thinking he should be paid the same which isn't how it works anywhere else but with haymon fighters. Even their purses are getting lower and lower.

Comment

Originally posted by cork View Post
              It's not **** money... I could of sworn he fought ward for 180k. Not sure what to believe with him anyways. He stated on Twitter he was offer 400 k and thought that was to little. Even 300 k and 300 k again if he won he won't get that money anywhere else.

Boxers need to put in the work. Beating unknowns won't get you any pay day. Most super star boxers put in the work and took short money to get big money. Feel like he sees haymon purses and thinking he should be paid the same which isn't how it works anywhere else but with haymon fighters. Even their purses are getting lower and lower.
              It is **** money if he had beaten Kovalev and had to fight him for the same amount again...

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                It is **** money if he had beaten Kovalev and had to fight him for the same amount again...
                So what? That's 600K. That's more than most LHWs make.

He's not going to see that kind of money fighting for any vacant title.

Comment

Ahh. Main Events being main events of course.

Comment

i hope it works for him, but i don't see any other fight (that he could get) in the division paying him more

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                      Smart move. He's done enough to try and gain some extra value at the negotiating table.

I like how detailed this explanation was. It allows for a fair assessment of the decision. I hate how vauge these explanations are most of the time.
                      Yeah his stand was fair under the circumstances, title or money but neither is a bit rich to fight a guy that might take your head off.

Comment

Working...
                      X