Rigondeaux calling out Frampton [El Chacal vs The Jackal]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rigondeaux calling out Frampton [El Chacal vs The Jackal]

Rigondeaux on Twitter, first a quick jab at LSC:

And now The people know the real reason he never fought me.

Now to business:

I would love to fight in Belfast my self.

Rigondeaux by decision
    58.06%
    Rigondeaux by KO
    29.03%
    Frampton by decision
    0.00%
    Frampton by KO
    12.90%
    draw/too close to call
    0.00%
    Last edited by ИATAS; 07-31-2016, 02:13 AM.

Too bad he never called out Loma, that would have been some fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Pechorin View Post
      Too bad he never called out Loma, that would have been some fight.
      I thought he did when he said “Bring [Vasyl Lomachenko] to me now!” to Yahoo Sports last year. I don't remember what happened after that, something about weight iirc a catch-weight was discussed but never materialized.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
        I thought he did when he said “Bring [Vasyl Lomachenko] to me now!” to Yahoo Sports last year. I don't remember what happened after that, something about weight iirc a catch-weight was discussed but never materialized.
        What happened was he started making demands and excuses. First it was the weight, then it was the rehydration clause, then it was the money and recently he said he would fight him if it was at 124. So he can't seem to make up his mind.

If I'm Frampton I tell Rigondeaux to move up to 126 or piss off. Rigo has zero leverage against anybody. If he really wants to big fights then he must sacrifice and so far he hasn't shown any evidence of doing that.

But I guess he can always wait for Chocolatito to move up to 122 in a couple years.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
          Yeah, you're right.

Comment

Rigondeaux is a good boxer, but he Frampton would knock him out. Take it from ME. Everyone and their grandma are knocking Rigondeaux down when they tap his chin.

Comment

Rigo is one pure artist, man is ducking noone but desperately calling out the best.
              Lomachenko is just a joke compared to him, how in the world you guys saying Loma is more technical than Rigo, you must be outta your damn minds.
              Rigo is real, Frampton is a king, 'd like to watch two fight. But Loma ain't shiii1t.

Comment

Originally posted by Rovi View Post
                Rigo is one pure artist, man is ducking noone but desperately calling out the best.
                Lomachenko is just a joke compared to him, how in the world you guys saying Loma is more technical than Rigo, you must be outta your damn minds.
                Rigo is real, Frampton is a king, 'd like to watch two fight. But Loma ain't shiii1t.
                Rigo didn't seem to think so. Otherwise why so many excuses for not fighting him?

If it was such an easy fight, move up collect a belt and a paycheck. Instead it was catchweight this, rehydration clause that, more money etc.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
                  What happened was he started making demands and excuses. First it was the weight, then it was the rehydration clause, then it was the money and recently he said he would fight him if it was at 124. So he can't seem to make up his mind.
                  I do remember the rehydration clause was not true. The issue was weight, Rigondeaux offered 124 but nothing came of it. I don't doubt for a second Rigondeaux or Lomachenko are scared of anyone, I think they could have worked something out but you have Gary Hyde a crappy manager on Rigo's side and Bob Arum on the other who definitely isn't a Rigondeaux fan by any stretch of the imagination. You are correct though that Rigondeaux really isn't in much of a position to make any demands - he may be great, probably the best pure boxer in the sport, but that doesn't sell tickets by itself and I'm not sure if he understands that or not.

If I'm Frampton I tell Rigondeaux to move up to 126 or piss off. Rigo has zero leverage against anybody. If he really wants to big fights then he must sacrifice and so far he hasn't shown any evidence of doing that.
                  To be fair Frampton and Rigondeaux were in the same division and Frampton didn't fight Rigondeaux when he had the chance. For Rigo's part, he said he'll fight Frampton in his own backyard. Now I agree that if Rigondeaux wants to fight Frampton, it's now on Rigondeaux to fight him at 126, otherwise there is zero obligation for Frampton to move down in weight if he doesn't want to. In my mind, it really shouldn't matter since they are very similar in size and Frampton was at 122 not long ago at all. Beggars can't be choosers is the phrase that applies here - if Rigondeaux wants a guy in a weight class above him, he absolutely has to go up to 126 for the fight. He can of course attempt to negotiate a catch-weight if he wants and maybe Frampton is cool with that, who knows, it won't hurt to ask while negotiating.
                  Last edited by ИATAS; 07-31-2016, 02:49 AM.

Comment

He had the chance to fight Loma and didn't. I have no sympathy for Rigo or Walters anymore. They both can stay insignificant. I hate it when fighters who don't have any leverage act like Floyd. It is acceptable only when popular fighters who have a decent fanbase do it.

Comment

Working...
                    X