No announcement yet.

An idea for Marquez's fifth division title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    well before he gets to 5 he needs to get to 4 but i guess we can pretend that he has 4. guerrero is also a 7 time champ
    Originally posted by Ray Stokes View Post
    People are still crediting Marquez for beating some unranked stiff for an interim belt at 140?

**** me.
    This right here! Marquez has been champ at 126, 130 and 135. No titles after that!

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      well before he gets to 5 he needs to get to 4 but i guess we can pretend that he has 4. guerrero is also a 7 time champ
      Originally posted by Ray Stokes View Post
      People are still crediting Marquez for beating some unranked stiff for an interim belt at 140?

**** me.
      Originally posted by ChampBox@PR View Post
      This right here! Marquez has been champ at 126, 130 and 135. No titles after that!
      I just go by the fact that he beat Pac, who was still the real 147 champ (I don't care what anyone says, he annihilated Bradley in the first fight and it was only silly greed and politics that lost him that title) so I think it's just the odd way around it. 4 division titles, one of which he won without winning it, while winning another fight that should definitely have been for it, but wasn't for even worse reasons, even though in all but name it was.

Comment

Damn shame Marquez didn't get the decision in the 3rd Pac fight, he would be a legit 4 weight champion right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
          Marquez is so juiced up I'd take him over Cotto, GGG, Kovalev, and Wlad...on the same night.
          Marquez is not juiced up, that's Maroid. Don't get the two mixed up.

Comment

Working...
          X