No announcement yet.

I give Meek Mill 3 years to take over the rap game

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Commercial hip hop is so bad now.....wow

Let me give you a video of some REAL hip hop that is going on today.

Your welcome, listen and learn what REAL Hip Hop is. Stop feeding your ears $1 cheeseburgers and start feeding them filet mignon. I know it's more expensive, harder to find and isn't dumbed down but hey, it's better for you.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      TBH, all these rappers, J Cole, Kendrick Lamar, and which ever new rapper; they're good for today's standards but they're not good in general. J. Cole is the best one from the new[late 2000s-present] guys and I would not compare him to even the early-mid 2000s rappers from the south like Chamilionare, Bubba Sparxxx, Slim Thug, hell I rather listen to Mike Jones. Kendrick Lamar I wouldn't compare to The Game lyrically, or Rass Kass. I don't want to sound like "When I was young, rappers were the ****". But i'm not even bringing up overly old rappers, i'm getting rappers form new school, 2000s is new school afterall. That's already the Bronze era of rap. This era is like, the Copper era, it's cheap.
      You lost credibility here. Those guys are whack man. Straight up, no way around it, whack. I like The Game, but he's nothing more than a gangster rapper, and a good one in my mind. I like Game. The others are straight up whack.

Kendrick, Cole, Logic, KRIT, Yelawolf, are way way way better than who you just mentioned. It's not even close to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
        Commercial hip hop is so bad now.....wow

Let me give you a video of some REAL hip hop that is going on today.

Your welcome, listen and learn what REAL Hip Hop is. Stop feeding your ears $1 cheeseburgers and start feeding them filet mignon. I know it's more expensive, harder to find and isn't dumbed down but hey, it's better for you.
        Kendrick Lamar, J Cole, Logic, Big KRIT, Yelawolf, and even Macklemore, Currensy, Kid Cudi, Mac Miller, and Machine Gun Kelly aren't that bad. It's guys like Wayne, Drake, Wale, Wiz, 2 Chainz that have ruined it for a lot of people. Those guys are whack.

Comment

please.. meek mill drops a good verse once in a while but all in all hes average at best. kendrick lamar and TDE is taking over the game, black hippy all day.

Last edited by #1Assassin; 11-08-2012, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            All rappers mentioned in this thread suck except for Cassidy.
            Cassidy ain't s**t man, I don't know how you like him, call Kendrick/Cole/Logic whack, and than also say Mike Jones, Slim Thug, Bubba Sparxx are better too. Like that's just mind boggling homie. Cassidy ain't better than Jadakiss.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
              Probably the dopest mainstream rapper out right now.
              Lloyd Banks, Kendrick Lamar, Big Sean, Wale, and Drake are all better than Meek Mill.

And I'm only a fan of L. Banks and Kendrick Lamar. Meek Mill will fade after his 2nd album.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Heffner View Post
                Lloyd Banks, Kendrick Lamar, Big Sean, Wale, and Drake are all better than Meek Mill.

And I'm only a fan of L. Banks and Kendrick Lamar. Meek Mill will fade after his 2nd album.
                Lets not act like Em and Nas aren't around anymore either. They are still the two best rappers alive.

Kendrick, J Cole, Logic, Big KRIT, Yelawolf, > Meek Mill, Drake, Big Sean, Wale, Lloyd Banks, Wayne, Wiz

And I'll even take guys lie Currensy and Macklemore over those others. Even Kid Cudi, Machine Gun Kelly, and Mac Miller make better music than those in my honest opinion.

Mill, Sean, Wale, Wiz, and all those, it all sounds too generic to me.

Lyrically, Machine Gun Kelly is pretty underrated. He can spit, he just comes off as a douche bag. And though Cudi and Mac aren't the best lyrically, they make some dope songs and have an ability to make some dope music.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Heffner View Post

Big Sean, Drake? :fear:

Comment

That **** is terrible, who is responsible for all the cookie-cutter generic production these days?

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                      Kendrick Lamar, J Cole, Logic, Big KRIT, Yelawolf, and even Macklemore, Currensy, Kid Cudi, Mac Miller, and Machine Gun Kelly aren't that bad. It's guys like Wayne, Drake, Wale, Wiz, 2 Chainz that have ruined it for a lot of people. Those guys are whack.
                      No, they aren't really that good to be honest. Did you hear the link I posted or just ignored it as usual?

Comment

Working...
                      X