No announcement yet.

Canelo Alvarez is the best body puncher in the boxing world

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
    In terms of body punching. He is better, better technique, better set up, better accuracy.
    You're ready to make this proclamation after only 17 fights? Against limited opposition?

I completely disagree. Especially when it comes to setting up body shots, Canelo is operating on a whole other level in that area.

Comment

Last night was fcking brutal

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        You're ready to make this proclamation after only 17 fights? Against limited opposition?

I completely disagree. Especially when it comes to setting up body shots, Canelo is operating on a whole other level in that area.
        In terms of good opposition I’ve only ever seen him bother people with his body punching, not really hurting them. Lara comes to mind. He wasn’t enjoying those body punches, but not like he was doubled over at any point.

Inuoe has iced several good fighters with body shots.

Comment

Disagree. Canelo is decent to the body, but I have Spence above him with Shannon Briggs a very close second, honestly. Current Briggs is now what Foreman was - heavy handed and dangerous close.

Comment

Great body work last night. He hasn’t typically attacked the body so relentlessly in the past. I think after that liver shot he knew Fielding was busted up and kept in the body.

He hits the body hard. If this fight causes him to be a more consistent and persistent body puncher it could really take his game to the next level.

Comment

He is. Best body puncher in the sport.

Errol Spence, Golovkin, and Estrada are the only others that come to mind.
              I would remove Golovkin from that list and include Miguel Berchelt who is dedicated to attacking the body.

Comment

Originally posted by jcj0427 View Post
                the body shots sure do hurt when they got that clenbuterol working overtime.......
                Canelo was super clean in the rematch.

And f.uck, your idol is that fu.cking sh.it of MAtthysse?

The guy that dont won a single round against a 60 years old Pacquiao.

Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                  Noaya Inuoe better imo
                  Nah, is very good but not better than Nelo.

Nelo lands with uppers to the body, right hands, left hooks.

Naoya only lands with this right hand.

He is very good but not better than Nelo.

Loma is right

Comment

I agree. Rocky wasn't a great opponent, but Canelo's body attack really is superb. Golovkin ate a whole bunch of those in their rematch.

Comment

Chocolatito is a darn good body puncher too. But he is obviously on the downside.
                      He is good but not to be in the top-7.

He never K.out a guy with a single shot to the body.

Sor Rungvisai is better, he knocked out Chocolate with a super body punch.

But he lacks of technique

Comment

Working...
                      X