Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The WBA Regular belt does NOT make you a world champion.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
    Smith is world champ thats it for wba.

Unless you can come up with another world that canelo is champ on, theres only one world to the rest of us.
    the wba says canelo is the wba world champion and that smith isnt the wba world champion.

ill trust the wba on who their world champion is.

if you think it's ridiculous that sometimes the wba world title isnt the top wba title, i agree with you.

so lets all stop recognizing the wba entirely. especially now that they've also added the wba gold championship.

Comment

Originally posted by EasternEuroFan View Post
      He might officially be world champ but it shows how meaningless the belts can be.

In my eyes, if you wanna be WBA champ at 168, then you need to see Callum Smith. If You wanna be WBA champ at Heavyweight, then fight AJ, not some vacant belt that Charr gets stripped of.

That's not a knock on Canelo's achievements, just a criticism of the WBA for diluting what it actually means to be the world champion.
      agree. so lets all stop recognizing the wba entirely. four organizations is already too many. three was too many.

Comment

H
        Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
        agree. so lets all stop recognizing the wba entirely. four organizations is already too many. three was too many.
        You could start by removing the WBA from your avatar.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          H

You could start by removing the WBA from your avatar.
          this "WBC WBA IBF" account exists to offer insight into the behind the scenes operations of those three organizations. doesn't mean i recognize or endorse them, just that i and friends of mine have connections to the leaders of those orgs.

i personally want to see PBC put all of the sanctioning bodies out of business.

Comment

Originally posted by Vegemil View Post
            Did I ever say it counted for Golovkin? Go back through my 4k posts and tell me when I ever counted the defenses for Golovkin. Why do you feel the need to bring Golovkin up in a Canelo thread?
            Did I ever accuse you of anything?

I brought Golovkin up because he’s a very similar case, and a name heavily linked to Canelo... your case subject. You’re going to tell me that the comparison is invalid because a Golovkin/Canelo link makes you uncomfortable ?

Comment

Working...
            X