Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any boxer who could have taken this punch without getting knocked down? .gif

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any boxer who could have taken this punch without getting knocked down? .gif

Who?

C'mon. Anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
      C'mon. Anyone?

from 154-160

Hagler, Mike McCallum, James Toney...that's about it and these guys were never stopped and hardly dropped

Comment

Antonio margarito

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
          from 154-160

Hagler, Mike McCallum, James Toney...that's about it and these guys were never stopped and hardly dropped
          Damn. James Toney is a legend.

Who do you think could take that punch at 147?

Comment

Gigigi
            10 characters

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
              Antonio margarito
              Yup and in fact he did. Look at the straight left Cotto throws at the end of the 2nd round of their first fight. Marg RAN into it and Cotto put all of his weight into that punch and Margarito smiled. Marg had a ATG chin.

Comment

Geno Smith of course

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
                  Damn. James Toney is a legend.

Who do you think could take that punch at 147?
                  Only guys with a chance would be Ray Robinson, Ray Leonard, Oscar De La Hoya(very underrated chin), and emile Griffith....forgot all about Mickey walker who fought world class fighters from 147 to heavyweight

Comment

If you want to show how powerful a punch is then never show the punch in slow motion. A punch gets it's power mostly from speed and you can't tell how fast the punch was if you slow it down. Just show the punch at normal speed. That was Trinidad knocking down Vargas. I saw that fight so I know that left hook and the amazing speed it travelled at. The slow motion does show Trinidad's perfect technique. I doubt any 154 pounder could have stayed on his feet after taking that punch. A heavier fighter with a great chin , like Hagler or Holyfield might be able to stay standing after taking that punch. Nobody I ever saw had a better or faster left hook than Trinidad.

Comment

Working...
                    X