Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that punch landed in the 5th round and Pac wasn't even hurt by it

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
      Check this he closes his eyes again, and JMM hits him with a powerful flush right hand, followed by a left hook snapping Pac's head sideways, and this left hook looks 100 times more powerful than the right hands JMM threw, he throws his entire weight into this and couldn't even drop Manny.

You evidently know absolutely nothing about punch technique or even the most basic fundamentals of physics (I'm talking like what a 10 year old would know)

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
        I tried to verify but its hard to tell, it could be it because it was a right hook pac threw that JMM countered, its hard to tell though from the live angle.

Anyways while reviewing it, I took this screen a split second before the KO punch. Just looking at their positions and all of the leverage JMM got on that overhand right, it is not that surprising that Pac got KOed by this shot:

I mean really, getting KOed from the above shot doesnt mean Pac is shot, that his chin is gone or that JMM had to have been on peds. Just look at the punch, its a perfect counter with maximum leverage and pac coming forward into it.
        Yup, its a perfect counter, not lucky at all. Only difference is the muscle and power behind the punch. This time it landed with more force.

JMM has been able to land the same punch on Pacman multiple times in their previous fights. He even cut Manny with the same right hand lead.

The shot that questioned if Pac's chin is the same or JMM has new found power was the first knock down, it didn't even look that hard and Pac ate those type of looping shots from JMM many times, this time he dropped hard everyone was shocked.

Pacman made a stupid mistake by being aggressive, Freddie Roach is a horrible trainer when it comes to Pac fighting Marquez, if you noticed the best punch to counter Marquez lead right hand is Pac's similar lead left hand, Pac was confusing Marquez with the lead left, Pac threw this left hand multiple times against Oscar but he stopped doing it in his fights, and went back to being wild.

Roy Jones even said that Pac has to just throw one shot at a time and be patient because Marquez is a master counter puncher, he doesn't counter you with one shot like Mayweather does he will unload power combos on you like a bull fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by frosty-g View Post
          You evidently know absolutely nothing about punch technique or even the most basic fundamentals of physics (I'm talking like what a 10 year old would know)
          So this punch combo doesn't look powerful at all, I bet you anything you are going to say JMM wasn't planted lol, doesn't matter look at the momentum even if he is in air he basically swings that left hook with all his body weight behind it snapping Pacman's head sideways.

I've seen Tyson, and Frazier knock guys out with leaping hooks.

Comment

The problem with Pacquiao is he has no defense and was overconfident and too aggressive he was fighting the perfect fight in the first round with the head movement and throwing one punch at a time confusing Marquez, but I think he gets bored and has ADD and wants to finish guys off face, Pacman lacks patience he fights very frantic and wants the ko bad, he said that Marquez never hit him hard in their three fights so he felt eh this guy won't hurt me, you know Pacman was too confident in his chin, he even closes his eyes here to brace for the punch and instead of putting his hands up he drops them multiple times in the fight, he was playing with fire and he got caught by a more powerful marquez, everyone thought Marquez would get destroyed in the third fight but were shocked how buff he was compared to when he fought Mayweather.

Pacman's chin is no longer the same, it finally cracked, and the first knockdown showed it, he would get hit by that same looping overhand right from Marquez over a hundred times and never fall or get hurt bad.

Check this he closes his eyes again, and JMM hits him with a powerful flush right hand, followed by a left hook snapping Pac's head sideways, and this left hook looks 100 times more powerful than the right hands JMM threw, he throws his entire weight into this and couldn't even drop Manny.

Reason why that left hook looks so brutal is because Pacquiao thought he was safe at that point, he was relaxed and it's also difficult to brace in mid-air

the right overhand marquez threw was alot more powerful, it has to be, it's just physics, the strongest punch a human can muster or atleast the one with the most potential, is the one marquez threw to ko pacquiao(same punch he throws in the TS's gif but pacquiao didn't fall into the punch)
            Last edited by SplitSecond; 12-29-2012, 04:31 AM.

Comment

So this punch combo doesn't look powerful at all, I bet you anything you are going to say JMM wasn't planted lol, doesn't matter look at the momentum even if he is in air he basically swings that left hook with all his body weight behind it snapping Pacman's head sideways.

I've seen Tyson, and Frazier knock guys out with leaping hooks.
              Ok, i agree with the other guy, you no next to nothing about the subject, not trying to be rude or pick on you, but it's a fact at this point
              you lose power jumping/leaping
              you generate the most power turning towards your core and going with gravity(thus widening of stance/getting low and varients of hooks are usually the most powerful punches around)
              Last edited by SplitSecond; 12-29-2012, 04:31 AM.

Comment

That's not the punch that KHTFO, This one he saw it and that's why he did get KO by it because you can see his neck reacting by stifling up in been ready for the punch to land, the other one he didn't see it and he couldn't react to it.

Comment

it would be next to impossible not to get KOed by that punch, Marquez has his full weight behind it and ALL being transferred right onto Pac's mandible. Pain alone would pass me out, I can say that safely.

Although I would like to add my part in the 'thats the wrong punch depicted' reaction too.

Comment

looking back the ko punch was just the perfect punch, it doesnt get any more devastating

Comment

Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post
                      Reason why that left hook looks so brutal is because Pacquiao thought he was safe at that point, he was relaxed and it's also difficult to brace in mid-air

the right overhand marquez threw was alot more powerful, it has to be, it's just physics, the strongest punch a human can muster or atleast the one with the most potential, is the one marquez threw to ko pacquiao(same punch he throws in the TS's gif but pacquiao didn't fall into the punch)
                      This. Lets also not forget there's almost a 20 pound difference in muscle from the fight he's showing that left hook from. The knockout blow was brutal. Pac's chin practically went back into his neck. Pac generates a lot or torque coming forward with his legs, so him basically running into it made it that much worse.

The right hand that dropped Pac early was also huge.. Juan sat down on it and hammered him. The fact Pac got up and recovered so quickly was amazing. He must have been in amazing shape and his chin isn't shot. Pac has always said JmM hits hard don't know why it's as if they act JMM was Paulie malignaggi...

Comment

Working...
                      X