Why is Overeem so overhyped..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is Overeem so overhyped..

AT HW?

AT LHW he was always a risky fight because he is skilled.. however he lost most of his steps up in competition. Despite having a variety of skills he has well known heart issues and gas tank problems.

His fans claim moving to HW made the difference.. But really look at his record.. the majority is either cans/past primers and he has only two top wins.. a top 10 in Rogers and Werdum who was top 5. I believe Werdum despite being a very good fighter got boosted above that too much after his win over a faded Fedor.

He looked pretty awful vs his first major test in Werdum as well lets be honest and his old problems at LHW seemed to resurface (he looked very gassed late on).

Lets put it into perspective as well.. Lesnar a guy most people think isn't worth much at the top level. Holds in his short time in MMA 3 wins over top 5 opposition and yes Couture was champion.. doesn't matter if he was out over a year.. so got removed. A win over Mayweather would have meant nothing for Ortiz because he had 14-16 months out??

I didn't realize putting on 60lbs helped with Cardio/heart issues either.

So can someone tell me what all the hype is about? just muscles? i honestly don't see Overeem beating the likes of Cormier, JDS, Cain possibly even Mir. Even the Lesnar fight is close to 50/50 and i would put money on Brock if it wasn't for life threatening illnesses (he looks tiny in recent videos). Just don't see him ever wearing UFC HW gold....
    The Real Deal.. ready to take the UFC by storm
    59.26%
    Overhyped/Unlikely to do That great in the UFC..
    40.74%

He's got solid defense in terms of staying on his feet and his hands and feet are as good as any big man in mma

he won a K1 grand prix (8 man final tournament after many rounds of qualifying)

that's three fighters in one night.

the big kibosh
    goodnight irene.

i'm also a fan of the reem as a man. he's a humble champion, yet he's as confident at this stage as any fighter around.

he will crush brock lesnar

Comment

It's not so much about him and Lesnar and what may happen.. but more about why is he so hyped at HW.. i would for sure back 3 possible 4 hw to beat him right now.. and a few i'd give a fair chance too..

And to be frank after seeing lesnar recently and his comments about WWE i also see Reem beating him fairly easily. Lesnar has one more fight on his contract and White seems to want a new monster.. if Lesnar wins its still all good because he will probably have the confidence to resign and he is the biggest cash cow.

His k1 stuff is fairly impressive but not that great.. does it mean if he keeps it standing vs Lesnar he will wreck him?? hell yeah.. cause brock standup is total ass.. but vs the likes of JDS/Cain/Cormier.. not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by DR BOB View Post
        It's not so much about him and Lesnar and what may happen.. but more about why is he so hyped at HW.. i would for sure back 3 possible 4 hw to beat him right now.. and a few i'd give a fair chance too..

And to be frank after seeing lesnar recently and his comments about WWE i also see Reem beating him fairly easily. Lesnar has one more fight on his contract and White seems to want a new monster.. if Lesnar wins its still all good because he will probably have the confidence to resign and he is the biggest cash cow.

His k1 stuff is fairly impressive but not that great.. does it mean if he keeps it standing vs Lesnar he will wreck him?? hell yeah.. cause brock standup is total ass.. but vs the likes of JDS/Cain/Cormier.. not so much.
        Cain is the most overrated HW in MMA right now.

Comment

Originally posted by D.C. View Post
          Cain is the most overrated HW in MMA right now.
          Cain?? The guy has beaten Lesnar, Nog, Kongo and Rothwell.. in his first 7 fights in the UFC.. He also has a pretty good standup game and is a very good wrestler.

Comment

Cain & Dos Santos would make him their biitch. I think Mir could probably take him too.

But Lesnars an absolute great style match up for him. Gonna be an easy fight so get ready for the ridiculous hype to get worse before it gets better. He's just extremely unproven at heavyweight. His best win is Werdum in an ugly fight.

He'll destroy Lesnar in the first but get destroyed by the winner of Dos Santos & Cain. Best believe it!

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody$Nate$ View Post
              Cain & Dos Santos would make him their biitch. I think Mir could probably take him too.

But Lesnars an absolute great style match up for him. Gonna be an easy fight so get ready for the ridiculous hype to get worse before it gets better. He's just extremely unproven at heavyweight. His best win is Werdum in an ugly fight.

He'll destroy Lesnar in the first but get destroyed by the winner of Dos Santos & Cain. Best believe it!
              didn't you say guillard was the next lightweight champ?

Comment

Glad to see i am not the only one who thinks so..

Someone said Jon Jones gets all the hype for dominating like Reem... So Reem deserves to be hyped just the same. Kinda forgetting that Jones has been beating not only top 5 guys in there weight class.. but top 5 ATG's in the young history of MMA.. as well as good level guys like Bader.

Mir has made some nice improvements of late could see it happening.. Doubt Reem would have won the strikeforce HW tourney tbh.. but then again Cormier did take his place and wasn't in from the start.

The Lesnar/Reem fight was a masterstroke by Dana.. he can't lose either way. IF it was Brock @ UFC 100 i could see him taking down Reem and GNP him. Now? unlikely and Brock only has 1 more fight.. if he wins he probably signs a new contract. If not He goes back too WWE and Dana has his new muscle head beast..

Comment

Originally posted by Blackfoot View Post
                  didn't you say guillard was the next lightweight champ?
                  1. Who the **** are you? Better question is prolly whos alt.
                  2. Why dont you post all your predictions like you prolly never saw good potential in a young fighter after a few good wins.
                  3. I didn't even start that thread, Kaps did if i remember right.

STFU. Guillard has more quality wins at lightweight then Overeem does at heavyweight in their respected weight classes idiot.

Dunham, Roller, Huerta. Jeremy Stephens, Dennis Siver and Gelsion Tibau

10>>>>>>>>>>> then Paul Bentuallo, Mark Hunt, james Thompson, Brett Rodgers, Fujita, Todd Duffee and ONE, count em, ONE good win vs Werdum where Overeem looked like POOP. His only ranked win at heavyweight.

Stephens, Siver, Dunham are all top 15 Lightweights which is better then Overeems.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody$Nate$ View Post
                    1. Who the **** are you? Better question is prolly whos alt.
                    2. Why dont you post all your predictions like you prolly never saw good potential in a young fighter after a few good wins.
                    3. I didn't even start that thread, Kaps did if i remember right.

STFU. Guillard has more quality wins at lightweight then Overeem does at heavyweight in their respected weight classes idiot.

Dunham, Roller, Huerta. Jeremy Stephens, Dennis Siver and Gelsion Tibau

10>>>>>>>>>>> then Paul Bentuallo, Mark Hunt, james Thompson, Brett Rodgers, Fujita, Todd Duffee and ONE, count em, ONE good win vs Werdum where Overeem looked like POOP. His only ranked win at heavyweight.

Stephens, Siver, Dunham are all top 15 Lightweights which is better then Overeems.

Comment

Working...
                    X