Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Detroit Tigers are an AL Lock for the World Series, That Rotation is sick.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
    But in the postseason, Verlander is just on a different level.
    On years where he had terrific regular seasons yes. It's illogical to suggest he's going to magically turn on the switch and start dominating under more pressure
    while consistently facing better hitters.

Comment

Originally posted by twrx View Post
      Wow no love for the angels second best record in baseball upgraded bullpen and solid starters . We just killed the tigers 3-1 in the series. With cj getting healthy ill put weaver, cj, Richards whose numbers equal verlanders numbers in previous years vs any rotation in the bugs.
      My prediction for the ALCS Is Baltimore vs Detroit.

Comment

Thing is with Verlander, career worst year or not, that rotation is still elite.

I mean we're talking about Justin Verlander possibly being the 5th best pitcher on the staff at the moment. Their #4 right now, Rick Porcello, is 12-5 with a 3.24 ERA. Then the top three -- Price, Scherzer, and Sanchez, are all bonafide ace level studs.

Now that said, the A's current staff is having an absolutely insane year. If they continue their ridiculous play into the postseason, they're going to be extremely tough to beat. One thing to think about though, is the mental hurdle for the A's. They have been bounced out each of the past two postseasons by the Tigers. Do the Tigers just have their postseason number? And absolutely, anybody sleeping on the Angels would be nuts. They have the talent to win it all too. Baltimore is still playing very well, and Toronto is streaking up again now.

Getting out of the AL this year and into the WS for any team is going to be brutal.

Comment

Oakland vs Detroit
          Cardinals vs dodgers

World Series dodgers vs Oakland

Oakland A's world champs

Comment

oddsmakers after the deadline per cbs sportsline (to win it all)

A's 4-1
            Tigers 5-1
            Dodgers 5-1
            Angels 10-1
            Nats 10-1

Comment

The Giants are starting to slip into a tail spin.

I wonder if they are going to be within 10 games of the Yodgers in the last month of the season.

Too many injuries to key parts.

Comment

Moneyball Beane may get the A's to the WS this year but he seriously ruined the next couple years by giving up Cespedes for the rental Lester.

Comment

We lost one of our key RBI men in Cespedes, while the Tigers gave up virtually nothing to get Price, who is probably a better pitcher than Lester at this point. I don't have much faith in us winning our 10th World Series now, although this year is still our best chance. Incidentally, Cespedes will dominate with the Green Monster. Expect insane numbers from him next year, he will turn into a prime Jim Rice-type hitter.
                  Last edited by Miburo; 08-01-2014, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
                    Moneyball Beane may get the A's to the WS this year but he seriously ruined the next couple years by giving up Cespedes for the rental Lester.
                    All A's fans will tell you this is perfectly acceptable. We will never be able to sustain an elite team long term until we get a new ballpark. For the past century every A's dynasty has been eventually ruined by lack of payroll.

Comment

Oakland still has the best team I think. But they've had the best team before and didn't win.

I know Sonny pitched poorly in the playoffs before. But if Lestern, Kazmir, and Sonny are on.....that rotation is pretty deadly too.

Comment

Working...
                      X