No announcement yet.

Best headgear under $200?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jmacky View Post
    damn... thats good to know. Since i have a small head.. i'll look into medium headgears. thx for the headsup lol
    lol yeah. my winning headgear is large, and when i tried everlast's "unisize" headgear, all it took was 1 grazing punch for the headgear to get pretty damn uncomfortable

i wouldn't imagine what would happen to you if you have a smaller head than mine lol

Comment

Originally posted by fdotorres View Post
      one size fits all SUCKS for a headgear

to the TS: why do you want a facebar in your headgear?
      you must have a pinhead then

besides its not one size fits all its one size fits most. anything around what the average looks like whether its a little too small or a little too big is perfectly fine. its medium. guys with L will fit in and guys with S size. xl and xs will be a problem
      Last edited by Bullrush; 06-15-2010, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullrush View Post
        yes straight from mexico. but you can also get them on titles website, not sure if the quality is the same though. with the gloves i know theres a big difference between the reyes you buy in mexico (legit ones) and the "fake" reyes you get in the US (on title, ringside etc.). this headgear is 150 bucks on title but you can get it for around 120 on ebay from this mexican seller
        i cant find this version from ringside or title. I think I found the ebay seller, but $40 for shipping kills it for me.

Comment

http://www.ringside.com/Grant-Profes...oductinfo/GHG/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oQ5wz7Eku4
          Last edited by oniham; 06-15-2010, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Flamenco View Post
            I read a review where the gap between the forehead and the bar is slightly big. You ever notice a punch slip through since the gap is so big in your headgear?
            ummm... not really with me really...i used 2 get that actually with my old title headgear...

Comment

How about some regular competition head gear? That's all I wear personally, yes it's less protective, but ehh I like it that way, it makes me move my head more and I get used to punches so when they land I'm not suddenly in shock due to me not being used to less protection. If you don't plan on fighting though then perhaps the cleto or grants are the way to go with better protection than competition headgear.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullrush View Post
                you must have a pinhead then

besides its not one size fits all its one size fits most. anything around what the average looks like whether its a little too small or a little too big is perfectly fine. its medium. guys with L will fit in and guys with S size. xl and xs will be a problem
                umm no? sizes are made for a reason. people's head aren't the same size, and you can learn it the hard way when you spend $129 + $40 shipping just to head your headgear blown out of place just by 3 or 4 punches

here's an example:

Comment

The same guy reviews the everlast Safemax facebar in another video which comes in sizes L/XL and S/M. It looks alot better and definitely slimmer. Just type in everlast safemax headgear. The youtube channel is ratethisgear.

Comment

Originally posted by fdotorres View Post
                    umm no? sizes are made for a reason. people's head aren't the same size, and you can learn it the hard way when you spend $129 + $40 shipping just to head your headgear blown out of place just by 3 or 4 punches

here's an example:

you act like every headgear has the same size. just because everlast produces a lot of **** doesnt mean everyone else does. by the way thats a one size fits all, stuff like that is not even possible. the comparison is terrible.

i can only speak for reyes and anybody with a small-large head should get the reyes headgear. if you have an XS or XL head youre better off with a really big headgear. i wear that thing, just trust me..

Comment

thanks everyone, still havent decided yet though.

The everlast looks nice, but for some reason I just cant trust everlast. Im still thinking about it though.

I like the reyes but the shipping is too much

I need the facebar. ill spar alot, and I dont want to risk a busted nose. Anyone at all have the no contact headgear from fighting? Ive searched around and I havent seen a single review on it anywhere.

I could just end up getting the FG 5000, maybe

Comment

Working...
                      X