No announcement yet.

Roy Jones: "Hopkins vs Calzaghe could have gone either way"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roy Jones: "Hopkins vs Calzaghe could have gone either way"

Says Hopkins landed the harder better punches, Joe threw more punches, depends on what the judges like.

Originally posted by street bully View Post

Says Hopkins landed the harder better punches, Joe threw more punches, depends on what the judges like.
    Joe had Hopkins fighting out of his element, Hopkins did land the harder shots but Joe won that fight by 3 or 4 rds

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
      Joe had Hopkins fighting out of his element, Hopkins did land the harder shots but Joe won that fight by 3 or 4 rds
      3 or 4 rounds? wtf?

Comment

I agree daddy! Those biased judges gave it to whitey cuz' they resent a strong black man who voices his opinion against the establisment!

Comment

3 or 4 rounds? wtf?
          Hopkins was faking some wild azz low blow pains and buying time......very un Hopkins like (ok, ok..maybe 2 rds...been a while since I have seen it)

I remember thinking bhop won the first 4 or so pretty convincingly, then Zags stepped it up. After rd 6, I only gave Hopkins like 1 rd.

hopkins: rds 1-4, a later rd (forget which maybe 10 or 11)
          Zags: rds 6 and 5 of the remaining ones

I think I had one rd even, so that makes it 6-5 for Zags, closer than I had it when I watched it I know for sure.

**My score was close to the first judge's score- Ted Gimza 115-112 but I'd have to watch it again to be sure.

I distinctly remember the momentum changing in favor of Joe thoughn around the mid rds and soon thereafter, bhop started acting shady with the acting stuff.

Comment

That fight was a boring fight anyway.

As fans, we lost.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
              Hopkins was faking some wild azz low blow pains and buying time......very un Hopkins like (ok, ok..maybe 2 rds...been a while since I have seen it)

I remember thinking bhop won the first 4 or so pretty convincingly, then Zags stepped it up. After rd 6, I only gave Hopkins like 1 rd.

hopkins: rds 1-4, a later rd (forget which maybe 10 or 11)
              Zags: rds 6 and 5 of the remaining ones

I think I had one rd even, so that makes it 6-5 for Zags, closer than I had it when I watched it I know for sure.

**My score was close to the first judge's score- Ted Gimza 115-112 but I'd have to watch it again to be sure.

I distinctly remember the momentum changing in favor of Joe thoughn around the mid rds and soon thereafter, bhop started acting shady with the acting stuff.

Ffs Calzaghe lowblowed like a mofo in that fight. Check out 2:30.

Comment

Fuk that ****.

Calzaghe owned Hopkins. Hopkins trying to fake low blows to get some air was the ultimate ***** move.

Comment

Another lowblow at 5:25.

Comment

Ffs Calzaghe lowblowed like a mofo in that fight. Check out 2:30.
                    lol, attempted ******* foul there. I'll say zags should have not tried to headbutt bhop's sack like that but he was ducking a rabid rabbit punch from BHOP

Comment

Working...
                    X