Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When do you all think Broner will headline his first PPV?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm talking of the major, $69.95 variety.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
      This. It's the right of passage. Again, he could fight a thousand more of these scrub fights and build a record of 1,026-0 and he still won't be a PPV headliner until he takes on (and defeats) someone who is. Like Floyd & Manny did with Oscar.

Right now beyond hardcore boxing fans, nobody knows or gives a **** who he is.

I'm not saying he won't one day be a PPV draw -- because he is on his way, but there's no way around it. He must get in with either a past headliner or be paired with another pretty sizable name to justify a $69.95 PPV bill.
      Very few fighters that could validate a PPV.
      JMM is the only one.
      Khan is a maybe, but he hasn't even had his own PPV.

Comment

Yeah, the thread starter wasn't clear on that. I think Broner has enough of a following to headline a PPV now with a Mexican undercard. Heck, Chavez Jr. headlined a few Latin Fury PPVs for $39.99 before HBO.

Comment

Broner vs Cotto, 147...

Comment

I'd pay full for Cotto/Broner. Although shoot we're still talking about Adrien at 140, let alone 147.

Comment

I wouldn't pay over 60 bucks to see Broner in a PPV just yet, unless I could get one his hairbrushes for ordering it.

Comment

Originally posted by El Chicano View Post
                He's going to be a PPV headliner; it's inevitable and just a matter of time. The question is when? The kid's going to be a star as long as he keeps winning.

I think it will be at 140 or 147 for a championship versus one of the top names that are currently there now.
                Man You can put him in with Khan, and that can be on ppv! I can see that doing 200k homes! Agains JMM That can do GREAT ppv numbers! Him vs Canelo in the far future will do great numbers as well! He doesnt have to fight a guy who has been on ppv already! He can fight another name opponent, then throw it on their, and get a good 100k homes, which is enough to start em out at!

Comment

Thats unrealistic! That wont happen for the next 10 to 15 yrs! Against Canelo MAYBE after they both become more and more huge!

Comment

Broner-Danny Garcia, that's what I'm thinking.

Comment

i could honestly see him fighting floyd mayweather on the B side of a ppv in 2014. maybe floyd's last fight. if you're haymon, that's what you'd like.

there are certainly no ppv caliber opponents at 135. 140 either, at least right now.

Comment

Working...
                      X