This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
    I'd take Mourinho but that won't happen.

He would walk into Levys office and after a quick chat about finances walk out laughing his arse off.
    It seems crazy but I can see it happening because Mourinho will be desperate to make amends for his breakdowns at United and Chelsea by being successful at another English team.

If he still had his aura before the 2nd Chelsea spell then yeah he probably would laugh at the finances but he might have to just bite the bullet, he has already been out of management for nearly a year so there won’t be many other big opportunities for him especially in England.

Comment

• Originally posted by Caught Square View Post
      It seems crazy but I can see it happening because Mourinho will be desperate to make amends for his breakdowns at United and Chelsea by being successful at another English team.

If he still had his aura before the 2nd Chelsea spell then yeah he probably would laugh at the finances but he might have to just bite the bullet, he has already been out of management for nearly a year so there won’t be many other big opportunities for him especially in England.
      I'm just reading it could be Mourinho until the end of the season.

Seems like that could be legit. Keeps the heat off of Levy for now and puts Mourinho in the shop window. Especially if he can win a cup of even nick 4th place.

Comment

• I'm waiting for Ole to be sacked now.

United may as well go all in on Pochettino.

I've maintained that Jose would 100% win something with Spurs. They have the basic foundations of a classic Jose team.

It might be better for him to wait for Emery to be sacked. As Arsenal will spend what Spurs wont. But if Jose wants to win immediately, Spurs have everything already in place to win at least the FA cup.

Allegri is another option though.

Comment

• I would love to see three seasons Jose at Spurs. He can win the league cup for them or what ever they call it now.

Comment

• BREAKING NEWS: Jose indeed becomes Spurs manager.

JUDAS MOURINHO!!!!!!!!

Comment

• What the actual **** 15m a season for Jose.. Are the Spurs board gonna suddenly find a load of money now hes manager?

He will be happier in London.. shame to see him off sky sports

Comment

• £15 mill. I think he was actually going to relegate us If we didn’t sack him.

He kept United more relevant though with his couple of trophies but overall he left both clubs without purpose or direction.

It’s worth it for Spurs. Media have tried to paint them as a success but they’re not obviously. They haven’t won a thing.

How do you all of a sudden give Jose that and let contracts run down on Eriksen, Rose, Vertonghan, and Aberweireld?

Any look at the numbers will tell you that success apart from Chelsea initial burst in 04/05 is gained by keeping your best players happy rather than signing new ones.

Jose is the only won who comes in from the jump and gets a team playing winning albeit pretty bad football

Comment

• Levy had to have been talking to Jose for a while for this to happen so quick.

Possibly since the summer which is why Poch wasn't given the funds. Wishful thinking perhaps but I honestly cant see Moureen taking the gig without reassurances about funds.

Comment

• How long before Matic is linked?

Comment

• Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
                      How long before Matic is linked?
                      He’s Jose’s Kranjkar.

An editor of one of the Chelsea fanzines is a bit salty that he’s gone to Spurs and ready to do few stories on Jose. Something about what he said about Lampard and some other nefarious things he’s done at Chelsea.

Will be interesting. Tbh, everyone knows Jose is a little bit dodgy. Jorge Mendes if you know anyone in Portugal will basically say that he’s a gangster and that’s Jose’s boy.

People who think Jose is bad in the market are a bit naive. Even when he signs anyone I just look at who the agent is.

I don’t know how I feel about it. I don’t hate Tottenham. I hate that we’ve ruined a few song with the we hate Tottenham rubbish.

But every job he takes in England dilutes his legend for me anyway.

I think when he’s done he’ll only be remembered fondly at Porto

There’s just no way he’s not just going to go all in on Chelsea and Chelsea fans to ingratiate himself at Spurs early doors.

He doesn’t burn bridges. He nukes them.
                      Last edited by Sparked_26; 11-20-2019, 07:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X