No announcement yet.

When I watched Kownacki get stopped by Helenius I wasn't surprised

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When I watched Kownacki get stopped by Helenius I wasn't surprised

I didn't think Helenius would do it but I knew Kownacki wasn't quite the Wilder or Joshua destroyer some made him out to be. He didn't do too good against Arreola or Martin. Kiladze sent him to the hospital.

Not a shock by any means.....

Not a suprise to me either he has always been fan friendly but that's a polite way of saying he gets hit too much

Comment

He's a come forward fighter who doesn't move his head. Exciting to watch, but was a matter of time.

Comment

Ppl actually made him out to be Wilder Joshua level?

Comment

I think the Ruiz win over AJ ended up with some of us overvaluing everyone below AJ Wilder and Fury...that Ruiz win was a combination of luck/poor performance from AJ/AJ having poor recovery powers etc.

I'm interested in seeing Ruiz in some more fights to see what his real level is.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
            I didn't think Helenius would do it but I knew Kownacki wasn't quite the Wilder or Joshua destroyer some made him out to be. He didn't do too good against Arreola or Martin. Kiladze sent him to the hospital.

Not a shock by any means.....
            Originally posted by Get em up View Post
            Not a suprise to me either he has always been fan friendly but that's a polite way of saying he gets hit too much
            Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
            He's a come forward fighter who doesn't move his head. Exciting to watch, but was a matter of time.
            Originally posted by mxtali View Post

Robert Helenius is an atg

You casuals don’t know it yet

Lmao

Comment

Originally posted by mxtali View Post
              Yes, there were threads saying he could beat either Joshua or Wilder lol

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post
                Wouldn't mind seeing him against Breazeale

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing_1013 View Post
                  I think the Ruiz win over AJ ended up with some of us overvaluing everyone below AJ Wilder and Fury...that Ruiz win was a combination of luck/poor performance from AJ/AJ having poor recovery powers etc.

I'm interested in seeing Ruiz in some more fights to see what his real level is.
                  I think ruiz will stay the same level he has always been fringe top 10 and wont suite do enuff in alot of his bigger fights . Winning some, losing some . He has the potential to be a real threat if he stays in the gym but he couldnt do that when he was hungry and needed money what's his drive going to be like now hes a rich man . I like andy and will route for him but I dont have high Hope's for him ever becoming champ again or making any real noise

Comment

I was surprised at first because:
                    a) I thought Kownacki's chin was superb, top 3 in HW now -- I was wrong;
                    b) I thought Helenius is too weak physically to harm Kownacki -- I was wrong;
                    c) I thought Kownacki wil KO Helenius quickier than Washington -- I was wrong.
                    Later on, after reading many great and OBJECTIVE comments from people who know boxing more than I do, I admit I shouldn't have been so much surprised.

Now, I am curious what Kownacki is going to do. He lost a lot but he gave Polish people HOPE, the first hope from prime Golota times. Noone in Poland will curse him for retiring as we know his style isn't the safest one, to say delicately. I know he is a fan of Lennox Lewis and most probably will try to have the rematch and win it convincingly like Lewis did twice. I cannot blame him as he has a great brave heart, but if he lose again he should definitely retire.

Comment

Working...
                    X