No announcement yet.

Nsb pick em 2020: Upcoming pick ems: March

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nsb pick em 2020: Upcoming pick ems: March

Okay gentlemen it's that time of the month again - we're looking ahead to March and seeing which fights are going to be in the Pick Em over the next few weeks. Following the usual format there will be a few shoo-ins - fights that are of high enough profile or competitive enough that it ain't really necessary to consult over, and others which we will canvass opinion on to see whether most players want to see 'em in the game.

Following the established format I will list potential PICK EM fights below with the fights that will definitely be in shown in BOLD BLACK font and the fights that we will be polling in BOLD RED font... ermm... and if anyone does have genuine visual problems that might make that confusing just let me know and I reckon we can figure something out.

The polled fights will be included on the PICK EM if they get 50% or more of the players votes - changed slightly from the majority required in the feburary upoming poll. The poll is public (to ensure only votes cast by PICK EM players are counted) and MULTIPLE CHOICE... so make sure you vote for all the fights you want in or vote for NONE OF THE ABOVE if such is your choice.

03/07

Kurbanov vs Illiev

Quigg vs Carroll

Johnson vs Mikhalkin

Kownacki vs Helenius

03/14

Stevenson vs Marriaga

03/21

Culcay vs Mwakinyo

Dorticos vs Breidis

03/28

Avanesyan vs Kelly

Beterbiev vs Meng

Ortiz vs Vargas

Nery vs Alameda

As we can see there ain't a huge amount at the top level next month and of the two that are one is most likely a deep mismatch (Beterbiev vs Meng). The only reall AAA match up is the long awaited WBSS Season 2 Cruiser final between Breidis and Dorticos.

I've tried to ensure that we got at least one fight on each week and outside of the major title fights have included by default only a couple of fights where the bookies odds - or my estimation - suggest a passably competitve fight (Kelly vs Avanesyan, Johnson vs Mikhalkhin and Quigg vs Jono).

Okay gentlemen - it's voting time. Please make your feelings known to ensure you're getting the kinda fights you want to see in the game... and of course, if there's any compelling fights that I missed or you particularly want to see in, make sure you post and let me know in the thread below.

Regards, and thanks for your patience.

Koba

-MEGA-, BostonGuy, TBear, jaded, LoadedWraps, bigjavi973

Sticky me please and it'd be appreciated if you could also remove last month's UPCOMING thread.

K
    Kurbanov vs Illiev
    8.00%
    Kownacki vs Helenius
    26.00%
    Culcay vs Mwakinyo
    16.00%
    Ortiz vs Vargas
    20.00%
    Nery vs Alameda
    22.00%
    Other (specify in thread)
    4.00%
    None of the above
    4.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by PICK EM CREW; 02-26-2020, 05:37 AM.

Apologies to any players who've joined since the shoutout list was made, or to any players who have elected to leave. Just let me know in the thread below if you either want on - or off - the list.

DuckAdonis
    HBX3
    Ganondorf
    RJJ
    Shane Sr
    NORMNEALON
    BigZ
    Redd Foxx
    TBear
    Pandas
    SceneBoxer
    Mammoth
    ArticulateBoxin
    Jpowell
    'Roll
    Deontay Wilder
    Justintimothyko
    SilverMiles
    BLASTER1
    Idunnoshet
    mlac
    Frankie Clutch
    Gideon lock
    Cauli Ears
    NC Uppercut
    YoungManRumble
    ruedboy
    otrocubiche
    BlakBread
    Chrismart
    FinitoX
    Szef
    shepperino
    TheMyspaceDayz
    asgarth
    MulaKO
    Pittsburgh_Kid
    Baltimore
    KoolKC
    mathed
    BobLoblaw
    SUBZER0ED
    b morph
    kushking
    Damn Wicked

K

Comment

Bumping for the people!

Comment

You’ve probably got it covered tbh man. I’m good with any fight being in pick em but none of those red ones are that interesting IMO.

Comment

This is really a non issue. Listing fights was my specialty in the IvyLeague.

Variety is what’s missing in this league imo.

I should be in charge of listing fights but whatever.

Comment

Luther Clay vs Chris Kongo is a 50/50 fight. It’s on the Kelly-Avanesyan undercard I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
              Luther Clay vs Chris Kongo is a 50/50 fight. It’s on the Kelly-Avanesyan undercard I think.
              See that’s a quality matchup but those type of obscure matchups are foreign to alot of
              “Boxing fans” ....

There are many quality fights that gets ignored every week and im not ok with that.

From 105-200+, there should be all kinds of fights and from all countries.

If you look into it, there are several fights all over the world weekly and im talking about quality matchups.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
                This is really a non issue. Listing fights was my specialty in the IvyLeague.

Variety is what’s missing in this league imo.

I should be in charge of listing fights but whatever.
                I wouldn't get that far ahead of yourself just yet, man, most of the feedback we got is that most of the players are fairly happy with the way things are - at least in terms of level of fights and frequency, however I am interested in maybe looking at more competitive match-ups even if we're looking a bit further down the rankings.

You - or anyone else - thinking you got a talent for sniffing out good fights that might go well in the game and I'd invite you to post your lists here or PM me if you choose... I absolutely ain't gonna commit to putting all (or even any) of 'em in the game but I'm always on the lookout for new input and ideas. So how about it? Maybe come up with a list of the kinda fights you got in mind for next month and post it here... see what the other players think and maybe make the case for changing the selection criteria a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by PICK EM CREW View Post
                  Okay gentlemen it's that time of the month again - we're looking ahead to March and seeing which fights are going to be in the Pick Em over the next few weeks. Following the usual format there will be a few shoo-ins - fights that are of high enough profile or competitive enough that it ain't really necessary to consult over, and others which we will canvass opinion on to see whether most players want to see 'em in the game.

Following the established format I will list potential PICK EM fights below with the fights that will definitely be in shown in BOLD BLACK font and the fights that we will be polling in BOLD RED font... ermm... and if anyone does have genuine visual problems that might make that confusing just let me know and I reckon we can figure something out.

The polled fights will be included on the PICK EM if they get 50% or more of the players votes - changed slightly from the majority required in the feburary upoming poll. The poll is public (to ensure only votes cast by PICK EM players are counted) and MULTIPLE CHOICE... so make sure you vote for all the fights you want in or vote for NONE OF THE ABOVE if such is your choice.

03/07

Kurbanov vs Illiev

Quigg vs Carroll

Johnson vs Mikhalkin

Kownacki vs Helenius

03/14

Stevenson vs Marriaga

03/21

Culcay vs Mwakinyo

Dorticos vs Breidis

03/28

Avanesyan vs Kelly

Beterbiev vs Meng

Ortiz vs Vargas

Nery vs Alameda

As we can see there ain't a huge amount at the top level next month and of the two that are one is most likely a deep mismatch (Beterbiev vs Meng). The only reall AAA match up is the long awaited WBSS Season 2 Cruiser final between Breidis and Dorticos.

I've tried to ensure that we got at least one fight on each week and outside of the major title fights have included by default only a couple of fights where the bookies odds - or my estimation - suggest a passably competitve fight (Kelly vs Avanesyan, Johnson vs Mikhalkhin and Quigg vs Jono).

Okay gentlemen - it's voting time. Please make your feelings known to ensure you're getting the kinda fights you want to see in the game... and of course, if there's any compelling fights that I missed or you particularly want to see in, make sure you post and let me know in the thread below.

Regards, and thanks for your patience.

Koba

-MEGA-, BostonGuy, TBear, jaded, LoadedWraps, bigjavi973

Sticky me please and it'd be appreciated if you could also remove last month's UPCOMING thread.

K
                  Koba,
                  Sometimes months like these tend to separate the posters that really follow boxing and know who to follow. It’ll shake up the leaderboard, which is needed this early in the year. Some good fights coming none the less. Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by NC Uppercut View Post
                    Koba,
                    Sometimes months like these tend to separate the posters that really follow boxing and know who to follow. It’ll shake up the leaderboard, which is needed this early in the year. Some good fights coming none the less. Cheers
                    Indeed, which of course has a bearing on the little to and fro in the few posts above - personally I'd be quite interested in looking to some of the match ups further down the rankings, and maybe increasing the number of Pick Ems we do slightly... bur not at the expense of losing players who are quite happy with the way it is already. Like I said elsewhere it's just a matter of tinkering with the balance a little bit... seeing what incremental changes we can make without altering the overall fun character of the game and whilst maintaining the support of most of the players.

Comment

Working...
                    X