Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golovkin made all his supporters fools yet we still have some defending him.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
    Great post. I kind of borrowed from your research in some of my responses.
    Yeah I figured you might find it useful. Thing is some of us actually find that sort of stuff interesting and like to broaden our knowledge, but I genuinely can't be fucked wasting any more of my time running round in circles trying to have any kind of meaningful discussion with that fool. I don't generally regret much but if there's any hours of my recent life I would claw back if I could it'd be the ones I wasted trying to get some sorta useful dialogue going with him...

Ah well, you gotta try I guess...
    Last edited by Citizen Koba; 02-07-2020, 11:11 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post
      Splitting the rounds that way isn't really how the scoring guidelines for 10 point must work as I'm sure you understand, but it is a way of minimising your own biases if you apply it consitently I guess, or could be. And at the end of the day the must guidelines (effectively that you should try to give a round to one guy or another however miniscule the difference) are just that, guidelines. Historically there's been phases of giving many more 10 - 10 rounds and equally there's room within the actual rules to give far more 10 - 8 rounds than are actually given without a KD, so they ain't set in stone and will always be open to some intrerpretation.
      I mean it's really how it has to work...if you want to come up with good cards...you could do 10-10 rounds if you want to...but not generally splitting the close rounds can lead to really bad cards and really bad decisions.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
        FACT: when you said this...

... you proved that you have NO IDEA how to score a fight

you completely invented that nonsense

stop making up rubbish, and stop talking shlt... you dumb fanboy
        It's common sense, and in the scoring guidelines, to give more value to a more effective punch, vs a less effective punch...two reasonable people could argue about how effective one punch is vs another, and whether a punch should be counted/scored at all...but I'm not talking to a reasonable person so that is a moot point

Comment

• Originally posted by j.razor View Post
          Excellent! Just make sure you don't count 1/2 a point for blocked punches either..lol
          Well it's sometimes hard to tell what is blocked or partially blocked, and what comes through clean...so some stuff may be debatable...but ya just have to call it like you see it...and generally I think most rounds are straightforward...as far as whether they are either way type of rounds...or pretty clear or very clear for one guy.

I think most of GGG's work was getting through clean...certainly his jab was scoring all night in both fights imho.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing_1013 View Post
            I think I've explained this to you before...it's actually funny to me that you're owning yourself here by not being able to differentiate between the two situations

On one hand, I pointed out one day what a respected judge (Weisfeld) says he, and every other judge he knows, looks for in judging a fight.

Unrelated to that post, I've said elsewhere that I felt GGG beat Canelo 8-4 twice...that Weisfeld scored the second of those fights and scored it 7-5 to Nelo is immaterial.

I never said I felt Weisfeld scored every fight well, or the more obvious answer - that judges in Vegas (and for all A-sides really) for Canelo turn in some bad/shady cards...anyone pointing first/only to the scorecards in a Canelo fight as evidence that he won, is not a serious person imho as far as boxing analysis goes.

The point of the Weisfeld article and comments is an attempt to help those on here who clearly love/follow boxing...but are a bit misguided as to exactly how to score a round...I think Steve explains what we should all look for, and what all pro judges DO look for, very well.

But yes I think very often, especially in big fights, judges turn in bad cards...not through incompetence, but through corruption...incidentally I think Steve is usually pretty good...but everyone knows their role in Canelo fights...and it is to get Canelo as many rounds as he needs to win.

Hope this lesson helps ya
            Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
            1) insists that Golovkin won 8 rounds in the rematch

2) insists that Steve Weisfeld uses his wacky scoring technique

3) forgets that Weisfeld scored the rematch for Canelo loooool
            I posted this to your stablemate Robbie before...maybe it will help you understand a bit better...again it's funny to me that you're actually owning yourself here...but you do that all the time really so keep doing you my friend

Comment

• Hes had a fantastic career and arguably never lost. Threads like this are why you won worst poster of the decade by landslide

Comment

• GGG has been living rent free in idiot's heads since 2012 lol. I love it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
                  Hes had a fantastic career and arguably never lost. Threads like this are why you won worst poster of the decade by landslide
                  Looks like most agree with me. You Golovkin fans are fools.

Comment

• Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyBm3cz2gao&t=287s

Go to 4:10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFaNKNKr3CY&t=273s

You can watch the whole video if you choose but go to 4:30
                    You making it worse for yourself. It goes to show pvssy-g & company didn't want the fight. He strictly said, "So make the offer so he can fight on hbo." SO WHY DIDNT THEY?

Comment

• Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                      You making it worse for yourself. It goes to show pvssy-g & company didn't want the fight. He strictly said, "So make the offer so he can fight on hbo." SO WHY DIDNT THEY?
                      You didn't hear the excuses DeCubas was consistently making? The demands they clearly would have made, would have rendered that fight impossible to make. Even Nes was seeing through the bs. Lara and his team were the ones calling out Golovkin, so shouldn't they be the ones to make the offer? I don't think you watched the entirety of both videos or didn't understand what was being presented.

Comment

Working...
                      X